Flex Fuel Questions

bgneon

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition #1027
Gents, I am wanting to run E85. It is my understanding that in order to do so, I will need to install a flex fuel kit. After the kit is installed, is the car drive-able with any mix of E85 and 93 octane or is a tune required? if a tune is required, any recommendations? Thanks
Sponsored

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
You don't need a flex fuel kit per se but it will allow you to use a mix of e85 and 91/93 pump gas in conjunction with flash tune that accounts for ethanol fuel.

TL;DR: You need a flash tune to run anything above e25. It is recommend you get a flex fuel kit.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
If your goal is e85 then you will need to add port injection. You cannot run e85 on these cars for any period of time as it will burn up the stock fuel pump however you can safely run e50 without adding a secondary fuel source.. You don't have to run a flex kit if you know exactly what's in your tank but a flash is mandatory.

OP
OP

bgneon

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If your goal is e85 then you will need to add port injection. You cannot run e85 on these cars for any period of time as it will burn up the stock fuel pump however you can safely run e50 without adding a secondary fuel source.. You don't have to run a flex kit if you know exactly what's in your tank but a flash is mandatory.
Thanks any recommend flash?

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Thanks any recommend flash?
I would do research on whoever you decide to go with.. I know a couple of them have a bad rap for not supporting customers post-purchase. Good luck!

Alindoraan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Id be happy to help. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have!
Just switched from MHD to flex fuel EcuTek tune a week or so ago, tuned by John Visconti. Marshall and John both are amazing to work with. You cant go wrong here. Marshall is super responsive and always answers my dumb questions. The car is running like a beast, I couldn't be happier! No issues with post-purchase support, @Marshall@ViscontiTuning is a mad man!

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Just switched from MHD to flex fuel EcuTek tune a week or so ago, tuned by John Visconti. Marshall and John both are amazing to work with. You cant go wrong here. Marshall is super responsive and always answers my dumb questions. The car is running like a beast, I couldn't be happier! No issues with post-purchase support, @Marshall@ViscontiTuning is a mad man!
Thank you sir!

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Gents, I am wanting to run E85. It is my understanding that in order to do so, I will need to install a flex fuel kit. After the kit is installed, is the car drive-able with any mix of E85 and 93 octane or is a tune required? if a tune is required, any recommendations? Thanks

As stated above, if you want auto adjusting flex fuel functionality. Right now Ecutek tune and a CANBUS ready Flexfuel kit. There are only two kits on the market for this. Mine and Viscontis as far as i have seen.

You can have tunes setup for certain mixes without the full flex functionality. But it looks like from your post you want full function. So Ecutek and a custom map for flex.

OP
OP

bgneon

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As stated above, if you want auto adjusting flex fuel functionality. Right now Ecutek tune and a CANBUS ready Flexfuel kit. There are only two kits on the market for this. Mine and Viscontis as far as i have seen.

You can have tunes setup for certain mixes without the full flex functionality. But it looks like from your post you want full function. So Ecutek and a custom map for flex.
appreciate the help! Thanks for your time. Will be reaching out

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Any developments on how to run flex fuel using direct injection without going ported? Replacing the fuel pump for a larger one is fine or even adding a secondary one is ok too but really donā€™t want to drill/add injectors into a brand new car like this one.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Any developments on how to run flex fuel using direct injection without going ported? Replacing the fuel pump for a larger one is fine or even adding a secondary one is ok too but really donā€™t want to drill/add injectors into a brand new car like this one.
You don't have to drill anything. Just add this spacer and whatever size injector you want. Done!

https://www.eospeed.com/products/b58-port-injection-kit

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
No kidding. Wow might have to look into that then.

Edit: just saw a vid on it, it looks cool although Iā€™d rather not have 12 injectors.
Let me know if you have any questions regarding port injection. We just released a superior kit to market 2 months ago. Most people that even already had the EOS kit ditched it and purcahsed ours.

You can run up to ~E50 on stock fuel system. Higher ethanol than that will need port injection to run to full potential
Sponsored