For the sad bunch who put their names late on the waitlist...for a MT Supra

Oceans

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 A90
Alright here is an update. One of the dealers reached out to me to put my name for an Absolute Zero - Base 3.0 MT with the drivers assist and JBL/ Tech Package. For I think I can get it for 58-59k, do you think this is worth it? WHich is a 2.5k mark up.
If this is the spec you'd be happy with, I wouldn't hesitate to close the deal. Personally, I love that white, but not so much the caramel interior (I would reupholster sooner than later). The markup is less than it would cost me shipping to my location and I would forget all about it once I'm rowing through the gears. FWIW my Premium cost about A71 MSRP but factoring all logistics and taxes, I came out under what it would have cost had I done it myself - this would have been a no-brainer for me if I had not made that purchase and were still looking.
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Alright here is an update. One of the dealers reached out to me to put my name for an Absolute Zero - Base 3.0 MT with the drivers assist and JBL/ Tech Package. For I think I can get it for 58-59k, do you think this is worth it? WHich is a 2.5k mark up.
That's a tough one, and it all depends on your comfort level with that price. Is this car worth it? I'd say so, but we know others are buying them for MSRP all the time now. As long as there isn't other add-ons bundled with the car in addition to the $2500 'market adjustment' it could be an okay deal.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If this is the spec you'd be happy with, I wouldn't hesitate to close the deal. Personally, I love that white, but not so much the caramel interior (I would reupholster sooner than later).
Cognac interior was the A91-MT only. His would be white on black, and it would be the awesome Alacantara/leather seats as opposed to the 100% leather in the Premium.

OP
OP

Shinkimchi

First Name
Sung
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5
That's a tough one, and it all depends on your comfort level with that price. Is this car worth it? I'd say so, but we know others are buying them for MSRP all the time now. As long as there isn't other add-ons bundled with the car in addition to the $2500 'market adjustment' it could be an okay deal.
Yeah, I'm looked up the Base model with the tech package, only difference with the premium and base model with the upgraded package is the seats, red calipers, and wireless charging, HUD.

56550+2.5k mark up.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, I'm looked up the Base model with the tech package, only difference with the premium and base model with the upgraded package is the seats, red calipers, and wireless charging, HUD.

56550+2.5k mark up.
Base seats are better for comfort and grip, paint the calipers whatever you want, the wireless charger sucks ass, and after 11,500+ miles in the driver's seats of two MKVs...I still can't get in the habit of paying attention to the HUD.

I'd say you should jump on this one, and thank me later for the permanent smile on your face as you row the gears in this epic sports car! It's going to exceed your expectations.

Optimusprimerib

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 manual base

56550+2.5k mark up.
Hi, I have a 23 mt base with jbl+safety. Just fyi, the 23 mt have red premium brakes now (same as premiums). The reason why I wanted base was for the seats. They're better than full leather imo. Also I dont like the hud anyway which is the only thing I'm missing. Also, I have wireless charging as well. would buy it if you like the white/black color combo.

NESS3000

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I think Tj Hunt has a base model (alcantera/leather seats) and his had red calipers as well.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Shopping cars, especially rarely allocated ones is a terrible time to be a customer. That being said, one option to consider is getting an auto now, and trade-in later for a used MT. Shouldn't depreciate too much in a year, so would still get a decent residual. You'd also have the added bonus of comparing the auto to a manual, so you'll know exactly what you're getting.

MisoSup

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I have a base MT for the same reasons. Got the tech and safety pack. No HUD. Seat have red stitching too. I don't miss the HUD or full leather seats.

Joker328

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Red 3.0 Premium MT
I thought the rear brakes were different between the base and premium. Did that change?

OP
OP

Shinkimchi

First Name
Sung
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5
Another update:

Man out of state dealers are stingy... they wanted me to use their dealership financing at their standard rates...which was at 8-9%.... I was hoping to use my bank, but they wouldn't allow that...so I am back to square one. lol Thanks guys for all the helpful input. Now I'm thinking of just putting my name down for a base model.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Another update:

Man out of state dealers are stingy... they wanted me to use their dealership financing at their standard rates...which was at 8-9%.... I was hoping to use my bank, but they wouldn't allow that.
That's such bullshit. Money is money, and a sale is a sale. I can't imagine telling a customer that "I won't sell you 'X' product because I don't like where the money comes from" (because I don't get a share of it). Fuck that noise.

Dealers are so terrified of their sales structure going away, yet they're the ones accelerating the public's want for change with their terrible behavior. From 2010-2019, it seemed like dealers were finally getting better and less predatory, then Covid happened, and it's given them a new lease on the life of treating buyers like shit again. When it all comes crashing down, and people can finally buy directly from then manufacturer, it'll be entirely the dealer's fault for their own demise.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
That's such bullshit. Money is money, and a sale is a sale. I can't imagine telling a customer that "I won't sell you 'X' product because I don't like where the money comes from" (because I don't get a share of it). Fuck that noise.

Dealers are so terrified of their sales structure going away, yet they're the ones accelerating the public's want for change with their terrible behavior. From 2010-2019, it seemed like dealers were finally getting better and less predatory, then Covid happened, and it's given them a new lease on the life of treating buyers like shit again. When it all comes crashing down, and people can finally buy directly from then manufacturer, it'll be entirely the dealer's fault for their own demise.
They need profits somewhere. If you're buying out of state means one less car they can service. Don't agree with it, but I understand.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They need profits somewhere. If you're buying out of state means one less car they can service. Don't agree with it, but I understand.
There's no guarantees that a local buyer will go back to the selling dealer for service.

My dealer has a non-negotiable corporate policy of never selling anything new over MSRP, no matter what the market is doing. That being said, during these difficult times of struggling to get inventory and/or customer-ordered vehicles, they have also adopted a policy of not selling to anyone out of state. It has nothing to do with servicing the vehicles, and everything to do with ensuring a supply of fairly-priced new cars for the local, existing customer base. If they didn't adopt that policy, many of the new cars would be sold to out of state buyers, taking full advantage of a 'no-markup' purchasing opportunity.

Eastwood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 MT - Stratosphere.
Another update:

Man out of state dealers are stingy... they wanted me to use their dealership financing at their standard rates...which was at 8-9%.... I was hoping to use my bank, but they wouldn't allow that...so I am back to square one. lol Thanks guys for all the helpful input. Now I'm thinking of just putting my name down for a base model.
Finance through the dealer, they're probably using Toyota Financial. Unfortunately the Supra doesn't qualify for promotional interest rates.

Once you do your financing and have the car, go to your bank or credit union and refinance the car with a lower interest rate. That's what I am doing and have done in the past.
Sponsored