For the sad bunch who put their names late on the waitlist...for a MT Supra

CortC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT
Yeah, I'm looked up the Base model with the tech package, only difference with the premium and base model with the upgraded package is the seats, red calipers, and wireless charging, HUD.

56550+2.5k mark up.
The only difference is leather seats and HUD, the MT base has the upgraded red brakes with script and wireless charging pad as long as you get the tech package...

I have every option including the carbon mirror caps on mine and it is exactly what I wanted. I did not want the HUD nor the all leather seats as the base seats are much sportier.
Sponsored

CortC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT
Alright here is an update. One of the dealers reached out to me to put my name for an Absolute Zero - Base 3.0 MT with the drivers assist and JBL/ Tech Package. For I think I can get it for 58-59k, do you think this is worth it? WHich is a 2.5k mark up.
As stated earlier if it is the spec you want that is a very reasonable deal, take it and enjoy...

When I decided to buy the MT Supra in December I spent a few days searching the NE inventory as no one here in the SE had anything and if they did it was not the configuration I wanted and everyone was charging 10K plus.

When I found the exact config I wanted at a dealer in PA at MSRP I purchased the car on the spot over the phone. I picked up the car a few days later in person and drove home the 1,200 miles. Flew up on a Monday and made it a road trip with my younger daughter.

Only thing is the dealer requires out of state buyers to pay cash (no financing) and register the car themselves in their home state, for me that was the plan anyways so it was not an issue. They gave me the bill of sale and the MSO and I registered and paid the taxes here in FL.

It is a great car and worth every penny, you wont regret it...

OP
OP

Shinkimchi

First Name
Sung
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5
As stated earlier if it is the spec you want that is a very reasonable deal, take it and enjoy...

When I decided to buy the MT Supra in December I spent a few days searching the NE inventory as no one here in the SE had anything and if they did it was not the configuration I wanted and everyone was charging 10K plus.

When I found the exact config I wanted at a dealer in PA at MSRP I purchased the car on the spot over the phone. I picked up the car a few days later in person and drove home the 1,200 miles. Flew up on a Monday and made it a road trip with my younger daughter.

Only thing is the dealer requires out of state buyers to pay cash (no financing) and register the car themselves in their home state, for me that was the plan anyways so it was not an issue. They gave me the bill of sale and the MSO and I registered and paid the taxes here in FL.

It is a great car and worth every penny, you wont regret it...
So I called one of the local dealers that I have been working with and asked if they can request a dealership trade with the dealer that has the white supra. Will hear back today if they were able to make it work.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
Shopping cars, especially rarely allocated ones is a terrible time to be a customer. That being said, one option to consider is getting an auto now, and trade-in later for a used MT. Shouldn't depreciate too much in a year, so would still get a decent residual. You'd also have the added bonus of comparing the auto to a manual, so you'll know exactly what you're getting.
and pay taxes twice on a $60k car? No thanks. Uncle Sam is already raping me.

StevesMK5

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE Nocturnal. 94 Mkiv Supra turbo renaissance red 6 speed Ram 3500 6.7 Jeep Wrangler l6
dam you got 7k in deposits. I put in my deposit at Toyota Puyallup for a mt back in October. I was 7th in line they only got 1 sense then. I probably won't get an allocation tell 2025 or never. I Think they average 2-3 cars a year. but they sell msrp. WA state seems like they just Arnt getting these cars. When I ordered my 2020 launch edition, they didn't have long waitlists. I could call 3 dealers and they would have truck loads coming in every few months It's just crazy how things have changed.

OP
OP

Shinkimchi

First Name
Sung
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5
dam you got 7k in deposits. I put in my deposit at Toyota Puyallup for a mt back in October. I was 7th in line they only got 1 sense then. I probably won't get an allocation tell 2025 or never. I Think they average 2-3 cars a year. but they sell msrp. WA state seems like they just Arnt getting these cars. When I ordered my 2020 launch edition, they didn't have long waitlists. I could call 3 dealers and they would have truck loads coming in every few months It's just crazy how things have changed.
Yeah, that's what the dealer told you right? I talked to another sales rep and apparently most of the people on that waitlist are employees. lol Best of luck on your search man. Also I feel like they send out cars phased out into regions. Texas and Southern states are getting them Like crazy right now. I think PNW got most of their allocations late last year to early this year.

omfgzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z4
You guys sure you don't want the automatic? you'll shift faster and its great for daily driving in bumper to bumper traffic. It also wont come with a bad clutch 😜

OP
OP

Shinkimchi

First Name
Sung
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5
So I just found out that dealers don't have to charge you the 1000$ deposit if they don't have any allocations. I have found multiple dealers that are selling for MSRP that do not request deposits. They said they will put out an overall request for any MT supras and see if they get picked for allocations.

V8KillaMKV

First Name
Jas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra premium 3.0 2023
Put order for mine back in December 2022, got mine 4 days b4 my birthday on Jan 6 only took about a Month. But I got AT not MT not sure if that one has longer wait.

NocturnalEmber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was incredibly fortunate in my case. Someone must have backed out on mine. I put my deposit down and was picking the car up a month and a half later, at MSRP as well.