Front camber

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
I went down the Vorshlag route and got about -2.5 on the front with stock strut assembly. One warning about Vorshlag camber plates is that the top strut nut was cut with worn-out/not centered tooling causing one side of the thread to be flat. That gave me alot of trouble until i realized what it is. Kinda unacceptable considering they are $150 more than what Verus charges...
Do you notice any added harshness or noise with the Vorshlag plates?

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
Nothing of that sort. My 200 wear tires added alot more road-noise, though.
That's good to know about the Vorshlag's being quiet.

Yeah, I hear ya on the tire road noise. I changed up to a set of used wheels and nearly new Advan Neova AD08R tires (275-fronts and 295-rears) and the road noise is pretty loud from 20-50 mph.

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Reviving thread to ask a question. When I had an alignment for my 2022, it was more of something I asked for out of curiosity after getting new tires and I didnā€™t know that front camber wasnā€™t adjustable stock. I mostly forgot what the guys at the shop said verbally about their adjustment but my L/R front camber went from -1.73/-1.67 to -1.75/-1.71 on the spec sheet. Rear camber I guess was finely adjusted from L/R -1.75/-1.72 to -1.73/-1.73 which was intentional.

Being a suspension noob, can the front camber values change just with adjustment from other components after itā€™s ran on the hunter again? Car drives fine, Iā€™m just interested in knowing

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Reviving thread to ask a question. When I had an alignment for my 2022, it was more of something I asked for out of curiosity after getting new tires and I didnā€™t know that front camber wasnā€™t adjustable stock. I mostly forgot what the guys at the shop said verbally about their adjustment but my L/R front camber went from -1.73/-1.67 to -1.75/-1.71 on the spec sheet. Rear camber I guess was finely adjusted from L/R -1.75/-1.72 to -1.73/-1.73 which was intentional.

Being a suspension noob, can the front camber values change just with adjustment from other components after itā€™s ran on the hunter again? Car drives fine, Iā€™m just interested in knowing
When adjusting Toe in front, it can impact camber and caster. They're all connected.

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra Phantom
Realistically I will run stock shocks/springs for 3-4 years.
The Verus only works with Oem shocks/ oem like ā€œlowering ā€œ springs but i saw there was a new set for sale in the forum marketplace and pulled the trigger.
Will report back what I get. As long as its -3.0 at stock height ill be happy.
How was the installation? Did you have to use the oem strut bearings or does the dust boot simply fit onto the plate? Iā€™m thinking about getting the verus ones but was wondering if the oem strut bearings were needed when installing the camber plates

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Just installed verus plates this week and had the pre-season alignment done. I set them for -2.6

Car handled great last season. Will report on difference. still have a punch list of preseason stuff to knock out

OP
OP

1slow_mk5

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra. S2000. 328i
How was the installation? Did you have to use the oem strut bearings or does the dust boot simply fit onto the plate? Iā€™m thinking about getting the verus ones but was wondering if the oem strut bearings were needed when installing the camber plates
its a little time consuming if youre doing it alone but not hard. You are essentially swapping oem top hat for camber plate. Spring compressor is a must and probably the most annoying part
626C4A4C-D20C-49D0-9FF8-7E6A30D8E8CC.jpeg

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra Phantom
its a little time consuming if youre doing it alone but not hard. You are essentially swapping oem top hat for camber plate. Spring compressor is a must and probably the most annoying part
626C4A4C-D20C-49D0-9FF8-7E6A30D8E8CC.jpeg
Awesome I appreciate it. So you didnā€™t reuse the oem strut bearing?