Front radar sensors not working

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey friends.

I just got my Supra wrapped this last week. I got several error messages the day after saying the front radar sensors were not working. Radar cruise, front collision, and pedestrian sensors were not working. Shut the car off and came right back when car turned on. I had a low battery warning when looking at the ECUtek app but cleared the code and it didnā€™t come back.

Has this happened to anyone? Is it the wrap on the front sensors that may be impacting this? I donā€™t know why it wouldnā€™t impact back sensors though.
6140B0A3-CEC8-4D80-B99A-CDB8C715E646.jpeg

EAED3E6C-83AF-43BB-9140-CC5A2F149C1E.png
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I bet they took the front bumper off and forgot to reconnect sensors. Or they disconnected and reconnected these sensors with the battery connected.

speaser

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91 MT SE, 2019 TRD 4runner
I had a bad sensor on my 2020 that caused all sensors to report a fail when the car was put into reverse. Took it to the local Toyota dealer assuming it would be covered under warranty. They managed to find a very small ding in one of the front sensors, likely caused by a rock. $700 :confused:

Yours sounds to be wrap related ... but I'd still take a close look at all sensors for small nicks.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yes! @Thraxbert nailed it. When I had all the stuff done to my car recently, they disconnected and reconnected the sensors with the battery connected. Threw these exact same errors. I tried clearing them with Bimmercode, but they came back when I restarted the car. Had to take it to the dealership to have the codes cleared for good.

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I bet they took the front bumper off and forgot to reconnect sensors. Or they disconnected and reconnected these sensors with the battery connected.
Iā€™m waiting to hear back from them on if they took the bumper off. I guess everyone doesnā€™t respond to messages as early as Iā€™m awake šŸ¤£.

im guessing they never disconnected the battery because of the low battery warning I got in the app.

thanks everyone. Iā€™m going to try and disconnect the battery and see if that clears it. If not itā€™s a trip to the stealership to get them to clear them.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I've disconnected the fronts with battery on twice actually. Never had any problems.. both parking sensors and radar.
Maybe they didn't connect 2 harnesses properly, or moved or didn't connect the radar, as your title says radar.
Or they've damaged the sensors or they're maybe still covered??

I want to be clear on this. Are your sensors covered by the wrap????

Last edited:

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Can someone show where these sensors are at? I have the same issue after I got my laser jammers installed

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I've disconnected the fronts with battery on twice actually. Never had any problems.. both parking sensors and radar.
Maybe they didn't connect 2 harnesses properly, or moved or didn't connect the radar, as your title says radar.

I'm with you on that. Had my bumper off twice with the battery still connected and never had anything odd happen.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Iā€™ll get this bumper off soon and see if itā€™s easy

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Ah, gotta love that piece of shit sensor. I fucked mine up earlier this year.

Also, it's not the small parking sensors on the bumper. It's the sensor behind the black panel on the passenger side grille.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Yes! @Thraxbert nailed it. When I had all the stuff done to my car recently, they disconnected and reconnected the sensors with the battery connected. Threw these exact same errors. I tried clearing them with Bimmercode, but they came back when I restarted the car. Had to take it to the dealership to have the codes cleared for good.
Damn I want your Toyota dealer!

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Yea there is wrap on the sensors.