Front sway bar - help me decide please.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Cusco, Whiteline, AFE, or Eibach? Cusco, AFE, Eibach all seem pretty much the same at 28/29mm but Eibach and AFE are both adjustable while Cusco is not. The AFE grease fittings also seem like a positive to me. Whiteline is smaller at 24mm I believe but also adjustable.

My car is not a DD but I do drive it somewhat frequently. Will probably average 3, maybe 4,000 miles per year and don't want to significantly alter the ride aspect (also no plans to lower or add stiffer shocks). I'm just looking for a little additional roll resistance without substantially changing the front/rear relationship or adding significant understeer. I plan to autocross 6 or 7 times per year - similar to previous fun cars I've owned. I like to be reasonably competitive, especially locally and somewhat regionally but do not go all out in car set-up. It's more for fun than anything else. I do want to try a new bar though since they are so inexpensive and easy to swap out. I'm also planning to do at least the first few events, if not full first season on the PSSs before going to one of the 200TW street tires at some point.

In this context, would love to hear some opinions and, hopefully, some actual AX observations for the various options. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Eibach. I like them for the track so far. I have them on firmest setting all the time, but don't daily. Once installed pretty easy to change holes. Rear tires have to come off to change. fronts can stay on. will need two jacks to keep tension off bars
but i went from mid hole to firmest in about 10 mins at a track day.

RWDriver89

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium
I second the above vote for Eibach.

The Whiteline bar I'm sure is an upgrade, but after talking with them; their bar is a "solid" design bar, which is where the added stiffness comes from while still remaining stock size (24mm). The bar is HEAVY. Anybody who tracks their car, even if it's just autocross knows a car's power to weight ratio is important.

The Eibach bar is 29mm, fits great, has well constructed grease inserts, is adjustable and weighs significantly less (it's a tubular bar) than the Whiteline bar while achieving similar if not greater stiffness. Whiteline is a great company; I just didn't want to add extra weight to the car in order to get the stiffness benefit.

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
@jchadwell

So, when the 2020's first came out I was able to drive a buddy's Supra in stock form. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the steering response and how heavy it felt. I did have an autocross prepped supercharged FR-S at the time so I had something to compare to. After he installed aFe's sway bars, he let me drive it again and I was pleasantly surprised. The steering response felt quicker and the overall nimbleness improved. With the shorter wheelbase and more power compared to my FR-S, I was ruined. o_O I would definitely recommend the full aFe sway bar kit for your Supra. My friend mentioned that one of the cool things about the kit is that it has grease fittings. He said it will come in handy for the rear sway bar since the bushings are hard to get to.

This is actually the main push for me selling my FR-S and I am now in the search for a 2021 Supra of my own. Hope to join the club soon.

Cheers.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I did the Cusco front sway bar, love it, huge difference with the H&R springs, almost no body roll, steering feels faster and better, car is much better. My vote is for Cusco

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I went with the AfE bars (front and rear) and in conjunction with the HKS touring springs and SPL parts (oh that was very expensive), made the car handle like it was on rails.

OP
OP

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Thanks everyone for the replies! I decided on Eibach. Ordered from Tirerack for $183. They're on backorder and estimated 4-6 weeks but I'm not in a big hurry and that price is really good.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I went with the AfE bars (front and rear) and in conjunction with the HKS touring springs and SPL parts (oh that was very expensive), made the car handle like it was on rails.
What spl parts did you do, I want even more handling goodies for mine

1slow_mk5

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra. S2000. 328i
Thanks everyone for the replies! I decided on Eibach. Ordered from Tirerack for $183. They're on backorder and estimated 4-6 weeks but I'm not in a big hurry and that price is really good.
I got mine from TR last week and installed by myself. Pretty easy and comes with good instructions.

SUPRA90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR SUPRA A91
I just ordered this front and rear sway bar kit based on the feedback here. Paired with my Eibach springs, Iā€™m looking forward to an even better handling experience!

Attachments

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just ordered this front and rear sway bar kit based on the feedback here. Paired with my Eibach springs, Iā€™m looking forward to an even better handling experience!
Handles great- go cart like.
You do lose the smooth ride

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have them set on firmest holes for the track. You can try the softer hole. easy to change once installed. But yes together with the springs it is not a comfy eat up the miles type ride anymore.

But i have very little roll in the corners and esses

trade offs....
Sponsored