First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
The lines near the clamps are leaking. I'm not going to spend $200+ to buy the upgraded lines from the Fuel-it website. What is an alternative solution? DIY set up? Should I just buy a fuel line and hose clamp it on the existing fittings or get the fuel lines and fittings? TIA!

IMG_9096.JPG
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I'd cut the fittings out, caliper the size of their barbs, and then transplant them to equivalently-sized SAE J30R14 fuel hose. SAE J30R14T2 is even better. You can get these hose from most auto parts stores. You can use vaseline to make fitting insertion easier, or you can warm the hose with a heat gun and then it'll shrink back down as it cools.

If the fittings themselves are leaking, these are called EFI Quick Disconnect fittings. You can buy replacements on Amazon. They are sized according to the outer diameter of the hard tubing, such as the two hard lines you see on the ethanol sensor. 3/8" and 5/16" are the most common EFI quick disconnect sizes. Here's an example of a replacement 90deg quick disconnect in 5/16 size for a 3/8" hose.

OP
OP
RyanA90

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
Thanks for the quick help guys these are exactly what i was looking for!

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
The lines near the clamps are leaking. I'm not going to spend $200+ to buy the upgraded lines from the Fuel-it website. What is an alternative solution? DIY set up? Should I just buy a fuel line and hose clamp it on the existing fittings or get the fuel lines and fittings? TIA!

IMG_9096.JPG
If it is the hose/clamp leaking, remove the clamp and use some regular hose clamps. Don't over tighten them as the regular hose clamps can damage the hose. That would be a quick, inexpensive fix.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
If it is the hose/clamp leaking, remove the clamp and use some regular hose clamps. Don't over tighten them as the regular hose clamps can damage the hose. That would be a quick, inexpensive fix.
never use normal hose clamps on fuel lines. Need to be fuel line specific clamps. Yes, they are different.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@razorlab is referring to Oetiker clamps. They are one-time use and will never back off. They use special pliers to crimp them.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oetiker clamps are bulletproof. Oetiker clamps that have been installed incorrectly, on the other hand...

OP
OP
RyanA90

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout