Fun stories/comments/reactions with your A90: Funny things said to you about your Supra

DrSupra

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Haven't really got any looks so far. I had one older gentleman see Supra written on the back and he started saying how he liked the MKIII back in the day. I had another guy say "nice little car..." still not sure if that was intended to be an insult or not. I think maybe it makes other people drive more aggressively around me? That's the only thing I've started to notice compared to when I drive my other car...can only imagine how bad that would have been if I went C8 instead.
Sponsored

Grubb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT (Jan/2023)
...can only imagine how bad that would have been if I went C8 instead.
Iā€™ve have had Corvetteā€™s in the past. They really donā€™t draw much attention. It seems like there is one on every corner.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Iā€™ve have had Corvetteā€™s in the past. They really donā€™t draw much attention. It seems like there is one on every corner.
Pretty much. Already seen a dozen c8s, all older dudes driving under the speed limit.

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
Haven't really got any looks so far. I had one older gentleman see Supra written on the back and he started saying how he liked the MKIII back in the day. I had another guy say "nice little car..." still not sure if that was intended to be an insult or not. I think maybe it makes other people drive more aggressively around me? That's the only thing I've started to notice compared to when I drive my other car...can only imagine how bad that would have been if I went C8 instead.
This. For the most part every now & then when people see the car they start driving more aggressive around me either trying to keep up or race (including bikes).

Last edited:

MattPhantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I get a lot of people doing stupid shit when Iā€™m in the Supra too. Iā€™m in the back of a traffic line and a dirty Camry goes around me and cuts me off to get one more car ahead but we both still have no where to goā€¦. Itā€™s also possible Iā€™m just more triggered at idiots when I drive the Supra.

DrSupra

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
I get a lot of people doing stupid shit when Iā€™m in the Supra too. Iā€™m in the back of a traffic line and a dirty Camry goes around me and cuts me off to get one more car ahead but we both still have no where to goā€¦. Itā€™s also possible Iā€™m just more triggered at idiots when I drive the Supra.
Lol, exactly how I feel at the end there so you're not alone on that. I will never understand why people do dangerous shit or just generally drive fast to get to a red light and then have you sitting behind them....what does that even prove! Wasted gas and look like a fool while managing to make everyone around them unsafe.

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
I had a gramps come up to me at the gas station spec-ing out my interior and calling the basic bmw seat a "recaro" sport seat. As he continues to talk about his glory days racing Porsche's.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I was told my car is junk. So I told him he is fat.
Dudeā€¦ That is hilarious !!! šŸ¤£

I'm apparently infamous on the forum for my ricemobile
I love your ricemobile!

Gotta say my best response and love for my car came from a little 4 eyed kid getting off his school bus šŸšŒ while I was waiting for him to cross the road. He was obviously eyeing my car, crossed the road, took his little backpack off and whipped out his phone to get a video. I gave him a thumbs up, revā€™ed my engine and gave it a bit of a spirited drive away.

Made my day. And the little bugger reminded me of myself at that age šŸ„¹

Last edited:

Mrgolde

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nocturnal 3.0 premium MT
Dudeā€¦ That is hilarious !!! šŸ¤£

I love your ricemobile!

Gotta say my best response and love for my car came from a little 4 eyed kid getting off his school bus šŸšŒ while I was waiting for him to cross the road. He was obviously eyeing my car, crossed the road, took his little backpack off and whipped out his phone to get a video. I gave him a thumbs up, revā€™ed my engine and gave it a bit of a spirited drive away.

Made my day. And the little bugger reminded me of myself at that age šŸ„¹
Thatā€™s so amazing, we gotta keep inspiring the next generation of car guys and gals

a91mt.hi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' A91 MT CU Later Gray
From a few parking rows away as I was waiting for someone, an approaching houseless person yelled "Is that aaaa supraaaah?" I laughed and he proceeded to ask cause his buddy said it's basically a BMW. I responded with, yes a majority BMW, it's a very fun car to drive. He went on is way and left the conversation with "Still a sick car, have a good day!"

So random.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Two random guys Introduce themselves as friends and new Autozone employees in the grocery store parking lot: ā€œHey I like your new Supra, although we prefer the old Supras more because those were so much fasterā€.

I went to reply ā€œā€¦.ā€

They quickly reassured me ā€œYeah but you already know Itā€™s only because they were straight from Toyota, and they let BMW make the new Supra for themā€.

I replied ā€œYes, BMW could have done a much better job of staying off the internet slurpiesā€.

One replies ā€œYeah man they really messed up by not putting a 2JZ in itā€.

I replied ā€œYeah, it really is a shame that BMW didnā€™t let Toyota do that instead, I donā€™t know why BMW wouldnā€™t just let Toyota put their 2JZ in it and make it fast like the old Suprasā€.

I replied as getting into my car: ā€œYes, Iā€™m just glad most people donā€™t know what you two do about the history of the Supraā€œ.

They replied ā€œFo Sho man!ā€ As they both started doing some hyper interactions with each other as they jerked and jogged toward their parking spot in the lot.

This isnā€™t the only conversation Iā€™ve stumbled into similar to this. Too many internet slurpies being drank these days. This seems to be more common than youā€™d imagine from the younger driver crowd interactions Iā€™ve had. Older non car enthusiasts always ask, ā€œWhat car is thatā€? The bulk of the others ā€œIs that a Supra?ā€ or the younger kids that like cars already ā€œItā€™s A Supra!ā€ As they almost cause mom or dad to have an accident from their immediate reaction to seeing a Supra next to themā€¦

Thatā€™s all to report for nowā€¦ šŸ˜†