First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
Received my Function Werk catless DP for the 2.0 Supra this morning. Initial impressions are good so far as the build quality, fit & finish seem decent. This unit claims to not throw a CEL with it having the internal defouler welded into the pipe (see last picture).

I purchased the item through Kenji Garage. Tim at Kenji shipped the downpipe very quickly. He had mentioned there was only two in-stock at the time I ordered, so you may want to reach out to them for availability if you're thinking of ordering.

https://www.kenjigarage.com/19-toyota-supra-a90/function-werk-catless-downpipe-wbuild-in-cel-21-toyota-supra-20t?rq=function werk

qyZcON2.jpg

F5r3zCb.jpg

Sk6Vudi.jpg

t3P7ZEA.jpg

dZ3Bh3T.jpg

LIcAJKq.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
Looks good! Haven't seen any 2.0 yet in the wild. Do you know if the engine is from a BMW as is the 3.0?

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Looks good! Haven't seen any 2.0 yet in the wild. Do you know if the engine is from a BMW as is the 3.0?

Yes, it's the 2.0L B48 motor out of the BMW 330i

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, it's the 2.0L B48 motor out of the BMW 330i
Nice! haven't driven that model yet. How does it feel compared to other 2.0's?

I'm sure the catless down pipe will wake up that deep grumble. Post videos after install!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Nice! haven't driven that model yet. How does it feel compared to other 2.0's?

I'm sure the coatless down pipe will wake up that deep grumble. Post videos after install!
I have barely driven the Supra due to the weather near me. I think it has 11 miles on it from when I drove from the dealership to the detail shop for; PPF, CeramicPro and Tint. It should be finished in the next couple of days...then off to my buddie's performance shop for the DP install.

To answer your question, the 2.0 is not slow. I've seen some owners have run 13.2 1/4 mile times stock which makes it comparable to a stock (LS2) C6 Corvette. I would assume with the addition of a catless DP and tune, it should put the car pretty deep into the 12s (just a guess at this point).

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice! I too did PPF as the first item on the list.

I didn't indirectly say it was slow just wanted to see how different it is compared to other 2.0's. I had a Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 and it kicked ass stock for a 2.0. And then there are others like the 2.0 WRX which I drove and didn't like very much and needed more umph. I guess I wanted to see if the 2.0 was punchy at the lower end and agile on the torque line or if it was more tamed.

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)

I didn't indirectly say it was slow just wanted to see how different it is compared to other 2.0's. I had a Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 and it kicked ass stock for a 2.0. And then there are others like the 2.0 WRX which I drove and didn't like very much and needed more umph. I guess I wanted to see if the 2.0 was punchy at the lower end and agile on the torque line or if it was more tamed.
I'm not really sure, but we will find out this spring.

My brother in-law has a 2019 VW GLI with a catless DP, APR ECM & Trans Tune. My mother in-law has a stage 1 MK7 Golf R. Both of these cars are 2.0T...so it'll be a good Litmus test for the 2.0 Supra.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
To answer your question, the 2.0 is not slow. I've seen some owners have run 13.2 1/4 mile times stock which makes it comparable to a stock (LS2) C6 Corvette. I would assume with the addition of a catless DP and tune, it should put the car pretty deep into the 12s (just a guess at this point).
Any videos of those 13.2's? Fastest I saw so far was 13.4 I think :hmm:
But yea, DP + Tune should be around ~330hp. That + lower weight = mid 12's.

Also, stage 1 Golf R will eat 2.0 I think ;) I'm interested how it compares to Civic Type-R tho.

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Any videos of those 13.2's? Fastest I saw so far was 13.4 I think :hmm:
But yea, DP + Tune should be around ~330hp. That + lower weight = mid 12's.

Also, stage 1 Golf R will eat 2.0 I think ;) I'm interested how it compares to Civic Type-R tho.

I'll have to dig around for the article or vid.

This guy did a 13.39 on the street according to his Dragy which is typically pretty accurate. Figure you should be a tenth or two better on a prepped track surface. I believe Car & Driver did 13.3 as well.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/08/2...our-cylinder-real-world-test-how-quick-is-it/

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
I'll have to dig around for the article or vid.

This guy did a 13.39 on the street according to his Dragy which is typically pretty accurate. Figure you should be a tenth or two better on a prepped track surface. I believe Car & Driver did 13.3 as well.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/08/2...our-cylinder-real-world-test-how-quick-is-it/
Ye thats the one I saw, that why I said 13.4 ;) Thought I missed something else :)
Should be pretty equal with Type-R, but with lower trap speed.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Nice downpipe. We're friends with the owner of Function Werks, glad to see more of his products out there. :)

-Josh

westtxsupra2.0

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Received my Function Werk catless DP for the 2.0 Supra this morning. Initial impressions are good so far as the build quality, fit & finish seem decent. This unit claims to not throw a CEL with it having the internal defouler welded into the pipe (see last picture).

I purchased the item through Kenji Garage. Tim at Kenji shipped the downpipe very quickly. He had mentioned there was only two in-stock at the time I ordered, so you may want to reach out to them for availability if you're thinking of ordering.

https://www.kenjigarage.com/19-toyota-supra-a90/function-werk-catless-downpipe-wbuild-in-cel-21-toyota-supra-20t?rq=function werk

qyZcON2.jpg

F5r3zCb.jpg

Sk6Vudi.jpg

t3P7ZEA.jpg

dZ3Bh3T.jpg

LIcAJKq.jpg
I have barely driven the Supra due to the weather near me. I think it has 11 miles on it from when I drove from the dealership to the detail shop for; PPF, CeramicPro and Tint. It should be finished in the next couple of days...then off to my buddie's performance shop for the DP install.

Thanks for posting. I will likely buy from Kenji Garage based on your experience.

What tuning options are you considering for your 2.0?

What are your thoughts about the option sold by Race Chip? Is there a Bootmod option for the 2.0 engine? I haven't found many options... the claims of huge gains seem to be for the 3.0 engine.

https://www.racechip.us/shop/toyota/supra-a90-from-2019/2-0i-1998ccm-253hp-190kw-292lb-ft.html

westtxsupra2.0

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0

I test drove the 3.0 before I purchased the 2.0. I'd say the difference in power (feel) is very minor. The 2.0 is EXTREMELY fun to drive. Ridiculously fun. I turned off the traction control yesterday for the first time and it was too much fun, I was laughing hysterically. Having said that, I haven't really pushed the car and probably won't. There's really no need.

I only cry at the pump. Frequent shopper. Ouch.

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Thanks for posting. I will likely buy from Kenji Garage based on your experience.

What tuning options are you considering for your 2.0?

What are your thoughts about the option sold by Race Chip? Is there a Bootmod option for the 2.0 engine? I haven't found many options... the claims of huge gains seem to be for the 3.0 engine.

https://www.racechip.us/shop/toyota/supra-a90-from-2019/2-0i-1998ccm-253hp-190kw-292lb-ft.html
I haven't looked into tuning yet as I'm not sure the build date of my ECM. If your ECM is AFTER 6/20 then currently it is not able to be tuned (I assume a piggy-back would be a viable option). Prior to 6/20 the car can be tuned.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.