Advertisement

Germany - Pricing for 2020 Supra

Discussion in 'Pricing, Ordering, Negotiating' started by Mike Myers, Jan 14, 2019.

1. DesmoSD

DesmoSD Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
    Liked:
    Good for you Mike and I applause your dedication!

That's some serious action only to result in a major let down. Sorry it didn't work out for you but better to find out now rather then later. I was trying really hard to get a deposit during the 991.2 GT3 crazy train. Even though I didn't go through the extent that you went through, the run arounds and failed attempts left me with no other choice then to sit back and watch the flippers get first dibs and dictate the market. The anticipation, lack of sleep all mixed in with the hunt was eating me alive so I can understand your disappointment.

Mike Myers likes this.
  2. kona61

kona61 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Josh
    Car(s):
    5G 4Runner, MK7 Golf, AZW LE Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Would you mind stating your approximate size? It could be useful for everyone to gauge if they will even fit.

3. OP
    OP
    Mike Myers

Mike Myers Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
    Liked:
    I’m not that tall, about 184 cm / 72.5 inches. But my legs are relatively short.

kona61 and DesmoSD like this.
  4. DesmoSD

DesmoSD Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
    Liked:
    So at 6' tall, you couldn't find the right position.? Can you explain more in detail? I'm 6'2 and in my 911, I seat preset is to the lowest position to the floorboard, the backrest is about the 1 o'clock position, headrest at the 12 and I rake the seat cushion so it feels like a race seat. The steering is set so that my wrist touches the 12 o'clock position of the steering wheel.

I read about another review about the limited viewing angles but curious to hear what exactly was your issue once you were able to sit inside of the MKV.

Sink into the driver's seat and the Supra's BMW lineage becomes clear. Many of the controls on the center console and dashboard are from BMW, and the Supra's dashboard screen uses BMW software that's been customized for the Supra. The driver's seat is comfy, but the car is visibility-challenged; over-shoulder views are limited, and my eyes were level with the side of the roof when looking out the side window.

https://www.cars.com/articles/2020-toyota-supra-it-better-drive-well-1420757010815/

5. Rotaryrunner

Rotaryrunner Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Mazda RX 8
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Sorry to hear that Mike.

But this is the opportunity for an other fun car that fits you better. Good luck searching!

Mike Myers likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Mike Myers

Car(s):
    Liked:
    Same position here. Legs are ok, hands to the wheel too. But inside the Supra the backrest is more half past 12 than 1 o’clock. Lower the seat means pulling the backrest to an upside position. There is no space behind the seat.

So true! Like sitting inside a tank. Very small windows, over shoulder views are nearby impossible.

7. Bosstee

Bosstee Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bastian
    Car(s):
    A90 Supra
    Liked:
    I took the train down to Geneva.

Car is tight, but not Miata tight. Getting into the car can be a challenge, I had to kind of hold my balance while "folding" myself into the car:D. Once I was in I adjusted my seat. Also have short legs so I was able to move the seat an inch or two more forward then most people. This gave me enough room to recline the seat to my satisfaction (probably more than most people.) There was just enough room for me to stick my finger between the seat and the strut bar, which in my case was the limiting factor. Steering wheel is adjustable in height and depth. Once I got this sorted I knew I wanted this car.

I ordered mine yesterday.

Mike Myers and Rotaryrunner like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Mike Myers

Car(s):
    Liked:
    Congratulations! :)

Bosstee likes this.
  9. Susurs

Susurs New Member

First Name:
    Thomas
    Car(s):
    GT86
    Liked:
    #69 Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Hi folks,

I‘m reading in this forum since a long time because I was so excited about the FT-1 concept and thought „now this might be my next car“ (after driving a GT86 NA and since one year now an GT86 FI).

So finally I visited my dealer a while ago to at least get an offer and see what‘s inside. Although Toyota seems to have caused a messy order process, the dealer offered me his max discount of 6% - maybe this info saves others a few bucks. I, however, don‘t think I‘ll go down the Supra road for now because I think that I‘ll get a comparable driving experience with less money on 3-5 years old cars or much more bang if I‘m willing to burn the same amount of money the Supra will cost me in 4 years.

In that sense, this post might be the first and last for quite a while :-/ but I still hope, it helps someone with their negotiations.

shrapnel and Bosstee like this.
  10. Bosstee

First Name:
    Bastian
    Car(s):
    A90 Supra
    Liked:
    Update for buyers in Germany.

Toyota will be conductiong technical trainings for German dealers this summer which are scheduled to end August 16, 2019.

No one (unless they are somehow connected with Toyota) will receive their car beforehand.

hanswurst24 likes this.
  11. shrapnel

shrapnel Member

First Name:
    Tom
    Car(s):
    VW Golf 7
    Liked:
    Did you guys notice that they changed the Website for the supra in Germany? There is now a configurator and you can choose between a normal supra and a A90 Edition.
    Also it is now available on the testdrive page:
    https://www.toyota.de/automobile/supra/index

Bosstee and hanswurst24 like this.
  12. Bosstee

First Name:
    Bastian
    Car(s):
    A90 Supra
    Liked:
    Yup, think it's strange you can choose the A90 edition since it's supposed to be limited....unless they're having trouble selling it.
    Got really excited when I saw the option to choose wheels, but then there was only one option to choose from:(

For the Germans who ordered, what happens when you login and select "My Supra" ? Does it also redirect you to the normal Supra info page?

13. hanswurst24

hanswurst24 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Hendrik
    Car(s):
    Toyota GR Supra 3.0
    Liked:
    Yes, the "Supra App" for the reservation was taken down a few weeks ago. It was only used for the reservation and after the end of March it was obsolete. It was no real intention to use this "app" for anything else.

Think the a90 is only displayed because they want to show all models for this model year. Like with the 86 and its special editions. Most if not all are gone, but still up as an option (current special edition: Dragon).

Bosstee likes this.
  14. FraKarl

FraKarl Active Member

First Name:
    Karl
    Car(s):
    Toyota IQ
    Liked:
    o_O Supra App is still working for me and its still available on app store. Or do you mean another app?

15. hanswurst24

hanswurst24 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Hendrik
    Car(s):
    Toyota GR Supra 3.0
    Liked:
    We were talking about the Supra app used for reservation: https://www.toyota.de/apps/supra
    The "Toyota Supra Connect" app for smartphones surely is still available.