Manual Supra pricing

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I'm throwing a dart on this one, but you think the Manual Supra will be priced above the A91 or will it be priced to compete with the Nissan Z?
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Definitely won't be priced to compete with the Z, unless they only put a manual on the 2.0. Rumors aren't even clear if it will be a mass produced or a special edition run. If they go and slap a special edition moniker on it. Dealers are going to have a field day.

Plus the Z is rumored to have an msrp around 40k. How low could toyota go when the supra msrp is over 50k.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Hard to say. It’s a prediction compared to a different prediction. It’s difficult to talk about things that are very unconfirmed.

Reactions: zrk

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I don't think the Z will be that cheap with how Brandon and Co. continue to address our supply chain. Also expect first units to command a hefty "market adjustment."
Brandon lol?? Really.

Car is made in Asia as are a MAJORITY of chips. Nissan will price it as they see fit.

Sorry the mess was mis handled by Trump. The virus didnt just 'disappear' did it................

Corporations designed the supply chain. They will have to fix it. It will involve science and math. Just dont tell Trump that. He can make all supply chain issues disappear too LOL!

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Brandon lol?? Really.

Car is made in Asia as are a MAJORITY of chips. Nissan will price it as they see fit.

Sorry the mess was mis handled by Trump. The virus didnt just 'disappear' did it................

Corporations designed the supply chain. They will have to fix it. It will involve science and math. Just dont tell Trump that. He can make all supply chain issues disappear too LOL!
Yea I wasn't trying to get into an entire political discussion here. Just tossed in a little spice for added flavor.

Nissan has to make the car competitively priced on paper or it will get shredded in formal car reviews and comparisons. The dealers markup is a totally subjective toss up. When I bought my Supra I went to 4 local dealers. One was $8k over sticker, one was $4k over sticker, one told me to pound sound when I wanted it under sticker and wanted fair trade value, and one gave me a discount and proper trade value. All literally in the same market within an hour of each other.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
I have a suspicion quite a few folks are sitting on the sidelines like myself watching how Toyota is going to respond to the Z. I'm specifically waiting for a few things to make a decision 1) a manual, 2) Bosch ECU to be cracked for tuning 3) Is there ever going to be a nice blue offered that's not a marked up limited edition (Blue Flame and Neptune Blue are in your lineup already!!) Come on Toyota, get your $*!# together! :). If it weren't for #1 and #3, i'd have one in my garage already.

Last edited:

vbb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Corvette Stingray Z51; 2020 Tundra TRD Pro
Unless Toyota adds something additional to the car and then calls it a "special edition" I think it's safe to guess it will be priced the same as the automatic Supras. If dealers decide to mark them up, that's another story. But the numbers don't really lie... automatic vehicles sell a lot easier than manuals on the new market, and manuals are kind of the enthusiast spec that tend to do well on the used market and get inflated by people like us. The average Supra buyer will still want an automatic, so the prices will reflect that.

10 years down the road, I expect the manuals to command a premium.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
The manual will be the same price as the Toyota BRZ. I heard this from my local Subaru dealer insider source.
Dealers know exactly fucking nothing. They sell products they are given. I'd give this source little credibility.

Keep that crap back to Facebook. Sometimes you’ll need to be able to read a comment you disagree with and still be able to bite your tongue and scroll past in life. Practice on me now.
Mature for your age, kid. :p

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm throwing a dart on this one, but you think the Manual Supra will be priced above the A91 or will it be priced to compete with the Nissan Z?
The funny part is that usually the manual option is cheaper than the automatic. My guess is that the manual (if it is coming) will be the same or about the same price as the automatic

If Nissan handles the new Z like prior ones, the $40K starting price will be a basic stripper model. The base 350Z I had way back when had single-caliper front brakes, tiny wheels/tires, cloth seats, open diff, no traction control/stability control... it was as basic as you could get. The $40K base may not be as bad as mine was but I suspect it will have less options than the 3.0 Premium. I still think Toyota shouldn't be complacent and assume potential Supra owners/buyer will just say 'bah its a Z it sucks its ugly blah blah' because that kind of attitude will cost Toyota in the end.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Bet you they will be like Porsche and charge you more for less.