Has anybody tried to reject their Supra because of the JBL system?

OP
OP

pav911

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Range Rover, Mini JCW
The dealer managed to get most of the vibrations out by padding the isofix plates behind the seats. The JBL system is still pretty rubbish though so I need to decide what to do next.
Sponsored

OP
OP

pav911

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Range Rover, Mini JCW
The dealer managed to get most of the vibrations out by padding the isofix plates behind the seats. The JBL system is still pretty rubbish though so I need to decide what to do next.
Scrap that!! they didn't fix anything.

I've fallen in love with the car now so am going to sort it out myself with the help of Tadda's posts. I hope I don't make it worse with my lack of diy skills though.

I've taken the rear panel off and the subwoofer speaker covers (I'm absolutely certain it's these that are causing the rattling / vibrations). The system sounds better already.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Scrap that!! they didn't fix anything.

I've fallen in love with the car now so am going to sort it out myself with the help of Tadda's posts. I hope I don't make it worse with my lack of diy skills though.

I've taken the rear panel off and the subwoofer speaker covers (I'm absolutely certain it's these that are causing the rattling / vibrations). The system sounds better already.
Just figure out the spots where it's vibrating, its mostly that stupid sub box directly behind the seats and near the trunk floor on the backside.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I must be one of the lucky ones. No vibrations or rattles at all. Tight car.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind that the OE audio system bass vibrations and distortions, that many of us have experienced, is also highly dependent on 2 other factors...Sound volume and music selection...

Chances are that if you listen to your music at less than 1/3 volume and your music selections include easy listening, classical, country, smooth jazz, soft rock, Yanni and Enya then you probably don't think there is a vibration / distortion problem with the bass response in the OE sound system...

But for those of us that enjoy listening to our music >50% volume with deep punchy bass tracks such as EDM, Rock, Pop, Ambient, Trance then you will definitely experience vibrations, rattles and distortions due to an inherent design flaw...The good news is that this can be easy fixed and allows you to listen to music at much higher volumes without having to reduce EQ bass levels...

Last edited:

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
On burn in, all electronics need this. The capacitors need to form and other electronics, op amps etc, need to settle and this requires current going through them. It takes around 100 hours of on time. Even chip caps have to form but more so, electrolytic caps.

Phantom Grey Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019’ Yamaha R1m —2020 F450—2021 Supra 3.0 —1999 silverado 4x4–1997 Husqvarna CR250– 2012 VW Jetta GLI TDI conversion
I was worried before I got my Supra last week cause of people complaining about the jbl system. Ummmm holy shot I think it sounds amazing! Needs a little more bass but I didn’t get the car for the subwoofers . Which I can alter with some extra subs later. It with Apple play and high resolution audio from amazon hd music app it hits pretty hard . Definitly better than the Bose system in a 2017 camaro . That fucking car rattled 10x worse than anything you think your going through with the Supra. The Supra has a couple little rattles but it doesn’t bother me cause the fucking camaro was absolute dog shit all over with 100 different rattling panels
Sponsored