Have a look at the Prototype Supra's engine

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to pull up the shadows on some of these photos to get a little more in view, but there's not really enough resolution/color information to play with. I'll post these anyways though, lmk if you happen to catch anything.

MKVEngineBay-1.jpg

MKVEngineBay-2.jpg

MKVEngineBay-3.jpg

MKVEngineBay-4.jpg

MKVEngineBay-5.jpg

MKVEngineBay-6.jpg

MKVEngineBay-7.jpg

MKVEngineBay-8.jpg
Sponsored

Leeky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GT86 SemiAuto, Mercedes-Benz ML55, Toyota Aygo X-Press X-Drive
Vehicle Showcase
On closer inspection of that close up picture of the throttle body I see part codes a2c11226200 and 8667415, but cant find any existing bmw parts with either number. So must be a brand new part.

Also did you notice the “Toyota Supra” Logos stamped on top of the wings?

DCDEE649-33FF-4C2B-A26C-88867A52F5EA.png

Last edited:

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Oh yeah, I guess I should have specified *modern* BMW motors. The older NA motors were nice looking, esp when you could see the ITBs/Runners and stuff.

Oh yeah, of that I have no doubt. An 86 with some decent tires will keep up with a Stock TT MKIV on many a circuit, just because of how underdamped the MKIVs were from the factory (age doesn't help ofc). If this car is even as good as an 86 in the handling department (and I'm fairly certain it will be far better considering the rigidity) with 150 more hp, I have no doubt it'll spank an MKIV.
The 86 with some good tires can outrun a M240, and some Porsches!The MKV is HUNGRY!

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Engineers reply:

"Believe the information we have given you versus what you see online. When the car is released it will explain your question."

So it sounds like they aren't going to give anymore for now, but that the iron block engine is somewhere.

He also said, "production prototype sure, but we didn't say anything about motor."

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
Sick find Ryley. There seems to be a decent amount of space around the engine - always good I think for maintenance or upgrades. Definitely looks like the B58. I can see that the airbox and components to the left of the engine are different.

BMW_B58_Article_2.jpg

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Engineers reply:

"Believe the information we have given you versus what you see online. When the car is released it will explain your question."

So it sounds like they aren't going to give anymore for now, but that the iron block engine is somewhere.

He also said, "production prototype sure, but we didn't say anything about motor."
Like straight out of a fortune cookie:popcorn:

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Engineers reply:

So as I said earlier where it felt qeird that Tada wasn't pushing the car or red lining it sorta makes sense now if this ain't the true motor.

So...

B48u

B58U

AND

New motor all worked by Toyota.

I wonder if that top trim car is roaring in the headquarters of Toyota?

Supra2189

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz C250
Another hint, "everything is on a cycle, and that cycle is nowhere near complete."

So it sounds like the debut of this other motor will come later.

Beyond that, I have no idea..
By this, you mean the top of the line motor or the general I6?

BRZer86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Jaguar XJL Portfolio
Another hint, "everything is on a cycle, and that cycle is nowhere near complete."

So it sounds like the debut of this other motor will come later.

Beyond that, I have no idea..
Toyota has officially surpassed teasing levels that of a Vegas strip club. Congratulations Toyota, for achieving the most impossible limits of teasing.

BRZer86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Jaguar XJL Portfolio
It's frustrating, and they do it more now because they know it annoys me.

I can't exactly say much though as I do it too...
It's been 6 years from sitting on this side of the fence, what's another 6 months. Plus it's nice to have something to look forward to when visiting this forum. It reminds me of FT86club.com before the FRS/BRZ were released.