Have a look at the Prototype Supra's engine

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Under 3400 LBS on the Z4, What will the Supra come in at?
If toyota removes the reinforcement add on the Z4 to replace the lack of rigidity due to the roof supression.
Between 50 and 100 kg less than the Z4.
Or same weight if toyotas want incresed the rigidity

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
Cant directly compare US vs European pricing, it doesn't always just line up like that. But either way, expensive as hell!

93Siro

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
I know that's why I always wonder if I bought a MK4 or the new supra.
This is also why I am so attentive to what is driving.
If the supra has the engine X5 M40i we can draw 420Ch with slight modifications after I do not see how to get more with:
A manifold molded into the cylinder head
Cylinders surely made by electrical wire -> Cylinders oversize impossible.
Air Water system probably also what will not be very easy to modify.
The only simple thing to do well is like tada lighten the car to be faster and take a PC to optimize the ecu :(
The only other option would be to change the compression ratio if this is possible ..
1. The manifold is molded but the turbo is not so you can unbolt the turbo off the Y pipe and modify it. Just like the VR30DDTT engine which AMS could bolt turbos flowing up to 800hp.
2. You can bore and sleeve the block to increase the bore but i'm not sure if the bore spacing would allow much.
3. BMW A2W systems are actually quite good while their A2A were terrible. On F80 M3 people rarely upgrade them even at 30psi and 700whp levels. But there are upgrades available from like CSF radiators. I'm sure B58 will follow the same path.
4. The flashing tool is out there for the Bosch MG1 (which probably Supra will get).
https://www.tuningtools.com/bitbox-bmw-fxx-gxx-bosch-mg1-md1-enet-module.html

bondango

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MA70 JZA80 ST165 ST185
TBH its nothing new these days, especially the thermal mangement side of this, common from most manufacturers.
for a modern design modular engine, it is actually a very robust design though.

Attachments

SS09ER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS13
So i may be wrong but if what Toyota said at Madrid about Supra being 50kg lighter than Z4 , then the 2liter Supra must be around 1365kg and the 6cylinder around 1485kg which sounds reasonable i think!

*edit
i saw the other weights from official bmw germany(1480kg - 1490kg -1610kg) site so i don't think these French are correct unless they are with a 75kg driver

Last edited:

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So i may be wrong but if what Toyota said at Madrid about Supra being 50kg lighter than Z4 , then the 2liter Supra must be around 1365kg and the 6cylinder around 1485kg which sounds reasonable i think!

*edit
i saw the other weights from official bmw germany(1480kg - 1490kg -1610kg) site so i don't think these French are correct unless they are with a 75kg driver
Interesting do you have the bmw german link ?

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's

*edit
The Table above is DIN curb weights.
The German site is quoting EEC curb weight, which is DIN + 68kg driver + 7 kg luggage to be exact, albeit with a 90% fuel tank (remainder 10% is like 2 gallons or ~12.5lbs)

here are the details:
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/s...a02e11d4c7e696e199b4f9&p=15052027&postcount=1

there are all sorts of weight standards, DIN is closest for comparisons until Car&Driver's Instrumented Test is published; as they weigh the US-spec car with 100% fuel and no driver.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You have seen this article after the author supra GRMN would have the engine of the new M2
Article in Portuguese:
Coment "O que Tetsuya Tada, o engenheiro-chefe do projeto, me confirmou: uma versão GRMN está em marcha, podendo usar o motor do novo M2 Competition, com 410 cv, digo eu."
Trad in english:
What Tetsuya Tada, the project's chief engineer, confirmed to me: a GRMN version is in progress, and can use the engine of the new M2 Competition, with 410 hp, I say.
https://www.razaoautomovel.com/2018/09/toyota-supra-primeiro-contacto

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
You have seen this article after the author supra GRMN would have the engine of the new M2
Article in Portuguese:
Coment "O que Tetsuya Tada, o engenheiro-chefe do projeto, me confirmou: uma versão GRMN está em marcha, podendo usar o motor do novo M2 Competition, com 410 cv, digo eu."
Trad in english:
What Tetsuya Tada, the project's chief engineer, confirmed to me: a GRMN version is in progress, and can use the engine of the new M2 Competition, with 410 hp, I say.
https://www.razaoautomovel.com/2018/09/toyota-supra-primeiro-contacto
But the S55 will no longer be produced after next year, not to mention that the b58 is overall a better platform