OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
It looks like "Generic BMW look-alike" in GTA 5 and it weighs almost 4000lbs.

Supras are capable doing 7s, not that you'll ever do that, but you're not exactly "limited" by the B58.. It doesn't get much faster than that..

Take the supra, put some work into it and after you park it and walk away you won't have to get 8/10 drunk to look back at it and enjoy what you see.
Hehe.. true.
Sponsored

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
With the release of the new M2 my resolve is waning. The new M2 has the engine everybody dreams the mythical GRMN will receive and an interior that makes the Supra look like a Toyota.. and the Toyota dealers here having absolutely no idea when my car will actually get to me.. I'm thinking of buying an actual BMW BMW.

Help!
your version of no nut November is trying to not buy an M2

AyeBird

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bagged 9th gen Accord and hopefully, an A90.
Iā€™m right there with you. Iā€™m honestly on the fence about forsaking my plans to get a Supra and taking my leave from this forum in favor of a car that was formerly my ā€œdream carā€ popping up on the market at a price that Iā€™m very strongly considering. And with my show car down atm, I am in need of a second carā€¦ šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Iā€™m right there with you. Iā€™m honestly on the fence about forsaking my plans to get a Supra and taking my leave from this forum in favor of a car that was formerly my ā€œdream carā€ popping up on the market at a price that Iā€™m very strongly considering. And with my show car down atm, I am in need of a second carā€¦ šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
For me it's a simple case of better exterior vs better interior. I completely agree with what everyone has said about the exterior of the BMW looking pedestrian.. a bit tough, but pedestrian. And the M2's colours are largely meh.

The Supra can't hold a candle to the M2's interior though. It's just in another class.

But what keeps me up at night are dumb things like the M2 won't have aircon that's gimped with no dual control.. there will be no wind buffeting issues and there will actually be a boot release button.

And it genuinely annoys me that Toyota couldn't address these simple things three years into production.. which tells me they really don't care.

LateBraker5

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
For me it's a simple case of better exterior vs better interior. I completely agree with what everyone has said about the exterior of the BMW looking pedestrian.. a bit tough, but pedestrian. And the M2's colours are largely meh.

The Supra can't hold a candle to the M2's interior though. It's just in another class.

But what keeps me up at night are dumb things like the M2 won't have aircon that's gimped with no dual control.. there will be no wind buffeting issues and there will actually be a boot release button.

And it genuinely annoys me that Toyota couldn't address these simple things three years into production.. which tells me they really don't care.
You should do what makes you happy, life is too short man.

I do have to say that the wind buffering and the boot release is blown out of proportion. I came from a completely uncivilized 2003 996tt build, you want to talk about annoyancesā€¦ šŸ˜€

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
Can I get a Supra with an M2 interior to go, please?
To me all cars are the same nowadays. The M2 and M240 are on my list of potential future deals. I'm a fan of the iDrive 8 curved screen.

But good luck getting one at a decent price. I wouldn't be surprised if they're routinely sold over $80k. Definitely expecting a markup of at least $10-15k or more.

Just get the "carputer" with the least amount of software that you have to interact with.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
To me all cars are the same nowadays. The M2 and M240 are on my list of potential future deals. I'm a fan of the iDrive 8 curved screen.

But good luck getting one at a decent price. I wouldn't be surprised if they're routinely sold over $80k. Definitely expecting a markup of at least $10-15k or more.

Just get the "carputer" with the least amount of software that you have to interact with.
No markups here but wait time is killer.. BMW is saying if I order today it will be in around September next year. May as well just hold on to my Supra spot and hope for the best even though Toyota can't even give me a deilvery date. Ugh! :(

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
No markups here but wait time is killer.. BMW is saying if I order today it will be in around September next year. May as well just hold on to my Supra spot and hope for the best even though Toyota can't even give me a deilvery date. Ugh! :(
You've got way more patience than I do. As nice as something might be, there's no vehicle I'm willing to wait 8+ months for. I'd forget I'd bought it and go buy something else or I'd change my mind on what I was looking for.

Many have said it, if you like it go for it. The best argument I've seen us, do you need a back seat or do you want a sports car.

You've got to ask yourself how different and unique you want your car to be on the road. If you want a fun car that blends in (I do dig the purple, which was what color m3 I was looking at) then get the m2. If you want something more unique then get the supra.

Either way, you can't make a bad decision.

AyeBird

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bagged 9th gen Accord and hopefully, an A90.

Yeah, I think Toyota built the car and just left the rest for the aftermarket/DIYers to handle the rest.

It really seems like (and please correct me if Iā€™m wrong) youā€™re leaning more towards the M2 due to the main complaint being the lack of dual zone climate control (if Iā€™m understanding correctly) while everything else thatā€™s not present in the Supra being present in the M2.

Considering the lack of markup and a solid ETA (albeit a lengthy wait) I would say go for getting an allocation for an M2 but if you really want to play it safe, get that and hold your spot for a Supra and whichever shows up firstā€¦ šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ahh, I wish I could give advice like this to myself for the situation Iā€™m in. Iā€™ve been in the long waiting boat as well for the right Supra to pop up on the market. And with this car that Iā€™m looking that looks seemingly perfect now on the market and my friends yelling in my ear to get a Supra for months on end, it just makes the decision that much more difficult for me to make.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Heard a video clip and it sounds like a 4 cylinder with a factory wannabe hot boy exhaust. Sounded terrible. Gotta be a mistake.
Sponsored