How many of you have front license plate screw holes and how do we stop them from doing this?

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
bro…you’re going to let a rear plate decide if you want to keep a sports car…????

At least make sure you’re still getting the 15hp from the wiper fluid first!!!
He said keep it ON the car, not keep the car LOL

As for glass juice, take it all out and save a couple pounds :)
Sponsored

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
I have a custom plate to install on the rear, I still have the plastic holder attached to the rear. Now you got me thinking if I want to keep it on the car or not.
If there is a plate on the rear, chances are they used the plate holder. Unless, god forbid, they screwed the plate directly into the body.

I would recommend getting the good plate holder though: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07233KS7D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Note in the pic, there are threaded inserts for mounting the plate. This is more secure (than screwing into plastic) and prevents screw marks on the paint assuming you use the correct screws.

The plate holder mounts to the car (2 screws), the plate mounts to the plate holder (4 screws).

Problem is, the Supra does not come with threaded inserts built into the body so you will need two holes regardless (I would see if you could find threaded inserts from BMW and drill for those.

The other problem is if they mounted the plate too low a frame may not work. In that case, do what I did and drill two holes lower on the plate mount which will raise it up.

OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Ohhhh I'm an idiot then! :D My bad OP! Clearly, I need to go back to 3rd grade.
Saul Good bro! Yeah, just the holder. I don’t even think I want to sell this car when it’s past it’s prime. I’m having too much fun with it. Now gas on the other hand, has me considering that EV. Haha

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Saul Good bro! Yeah, just the holder. I don’t even think I want to sell this car when it’s past it’s prime. I’m having too much fun with it. Now gas on the other hand, has me considering that EV. Haha
yeah we all getting screwed hard on gas, no doubt. Sadly we still don’t pay as much as a lot of other countries.

however, we lack a grid for majority EV. Plus you know once we all get that EV Supra in 2060, the fee for charging will probably be the cost of gas now 🤣

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
If there is a plate on the rear, chances are they used the plate holder. Unless, god forbid, they screwed the plate directly into the body.

I would recommend getting the good plate holder though: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07233KS7D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Note in the pic, there are threaded inserts for mounting the plate. This is more secure (than screwing into plastic) and prevents screw marks on the paint assuming you use the correct screws.

The plate holder mounts to the car (2 screws), the plate mounts to the plate holder (4 screws).

Problem is, the Supra does not come with threaded inserts built into the body so you will need two holes regardless (I would see if you could find threaded inserts from BMW and drill for those.

The other problem is if they mounted the plate too low a frame may not work. In that case, do what I did and drill two holes lower on the plate mount which will raise it up.
Yeah the frame/holder thing you linked was on mine when new.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Yeah the frame/holder thing you linked was on mine when new.
Good deal - I read the thread again on the X3 forum and it seems they may have started using it again.

Bummer that Toyota did not do the thread inserts in the body - much cleaner look and more secure connection. Just looks like a hole in the car without.

OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
yeah we all getting screwed hard on gas, no doubt. Sadly we still don’t pay as much as a lot of other countries.

however, we lack a grid for majority EV. Plus you know once we all get that EV Supra in 2060, the fee for charging will probably be the cost of gas now 🤣
Off topic but, cool name man! You a FF7 fan?

OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Yessir, my childhood right there. I'm lame with usernames so picked it. :)
Oh the memories, Emerald Weapon, Ruby Weapon we’re the bane of my existence as a teenager.

Can’t wait for the 2nd installment of the remake to drop.

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Oh the memories, Emerald Weapon, Ruby Weapon we’re the bane of my existence as a teenager.

Can’t wait for the 2nd installment of the remake to drop.
Same! Glad they remade it. I remember being in High School when they dropped that demo of the intro for the PS3 and we all though it was coming then.

Really thankful to all the people who have put in work to make that series what it is. I look forward to trying to get my kid to play OG FF7, only to have them disgusted at the graphics and movement. :p
Sponsored