HUD Disappear/Movement

supralicious

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra MK V
Do y'all wear polarized sunglasses? Because I made that mistake a few times and got worried haha.
Nope I know the effect on HUD’s when wearing polarized sunglasses, but this is for sure either a soft- or hardware issue.
Sponsored

Count Mackula

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
This JUST happened to me. 2021 Supra with about 1300 miles on it. Only two/three weeks old.

Dk8594

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
For the past two weeks it hasn’t been there on initial start up. Would sometime flicker and then turn on during the drive, but would always be there is I turned off the car and started again. Today it just wouldn’t turn on period. I am going to see how it acts this weekend, but will likely be taking it in.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
For the past two weeks it hasn’t been there on initial start up. Would sometime flicker and then turn on during the drive, but would always be there is I turned off the car and started again. Today it just wouldn’t turn on period. I am going to see how it acts this weekend, but will likely be taking it in.
That almost sounds like loose connection. Maybe wire harness, which are mostly hand made, is faulty (short wire in terminal or something)? Surest way to confirm would be to swap out, unless there is a voltage readout you could get somehow... /Total speculation off/

Dk8594

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
That almost sounds like loose connection. Maybe wire harness, which are mostly hand made, is faulty (short wire in terminal or something)? Surest way to confirm would be to swap out, unless there is a voltage readout you could get somehow... /Total speculation off/
Took it in today.
Thanks for chiming in.I took it in this week. It worked when the tech checked it out (of course), but fortunately the service advisor was able to see it not working when I dropped it off. Doesn’t sound like they really found the root cause, but have agreed it’s not working and are going to replace the whole unit. Always glad to have a warranty, but always hate having a reason to use it.
Sponsored

Last edited: