Hunting for street/daily tires that won’t slip

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I searched the Facebook groups and the forum and found no useful information so hopefully I get something out of this…

Spring is coming up and my stock tires are about to be done. I’m e50 Visconti tuned and slip like crazy. I’m looking for a front and rear tire that can hook with my power. I don’t drag or circuit but I do daily the car and drive aggressive most of the time if the road is open and safe. I’m also on stock rims.

I would hope for something that lasts a while, hooks in 50 degree weather, and can take turns when it’s wet. (This may be a lot but hopefully something out there can fit the criteria).

I guess another thing to ask would be the size for the front and back to also help with what I’m looking for. I can get spacers if need be.

I also live in Missouri and come colder months, I’ll most likely switch to continental dsw06’s.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I’m looking for something bigger in the rear that can hook better. 265 or 275 fronts can be okay but I’m not sure what is ideal.
The link I sent is also generic, not taking offsets and all into consideration, so it's more or less a rule of thumb.

You could maybe fit a 295 on the stock rear, but I'm not 100% so you should get more opinions. You may lose lateral stability and get crappy tread wear.

As for actual tire, I believe you're in race tire territory. Others will probably have better recommendations on compounds. Definitely recommend posting if you plan on driving a lot, in rain, etc.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I just put pirelli p zeros on my DD (over powered fwd car) and I am impressed. My old Falken 510s were terrible in comparison. Before, I had issues with 3rd gear traction. If I hit a bump or the front end lifted, tires were spinning. You couldn't use 1st or 2nd gear. Now i can actually go full throttle in 2nd. These tires are supposed to wear better than the 220tw its named. Probably closer to our stock tires. Good in the rain too. A bit pricey for supra sizes but they are a good all around tire.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
You can fit 305s in the rear but it’s less about how wide the tyre is and more about how much ripple your sidewall allows. You don’t want slick (or radials) in the front as they will only make turning horrible for you. I’d keep the stock fronts and stick 305s in the rear on a smaller rim and increase the sidewall. Deflate to 12 psi to allow the tyre to ripple and it’ll grip like a champ

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
You can fit 305s in the rear but it’s less about how wide the tyre is and more about how much ripple your sidewall allows. You don’t want slick (or radials) in the front as they will only make turning horrible for you. I’d keep the stock fronts and stick 305s in the rear on a smaller rim and increase the sidewall. Deflate to 12 psi to allow the tyre to ripple and it’ll grip like a champ
Why is everyone commenting without reading what I initially posted…

This is why I found nothing in the forums or Facebook.

I’m keeping stock rims for now. 295 or 305 in rear. 265 or 275 in front.
Wanting to know what others have on stock rims and that experience the same weather as I do and street the car

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Why is everyone commenting without reading what I initially posted…

This is why I found nothing in the forums or Facebook.

I’m keeping stock rims for now. 295 or 305 in rear. 265 or 275 in front.
Wanting to know what others have on stock rims and that experience the same weather as I do and street the car
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/275f-295r-on-stock-wheels.12309/

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/what-size-rears-are-you-running-on-your-stock-wheels.7889/page-1

Edit: I know how to read. I figured you’d rather get some better advice than just a simple answer to point you into the wrong direction. The search button is for that. Posting a thread asking questions will allow « unwanted good advise » to slip through. My bad

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/275f-295r-on-stock-wheels.12309/

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/what-size-rears-are-you-running-on-your-stock-wheels.7889/page-1

Edit: I know how to read. I figured you’d rather get some better advice than just a simple answer to point you into the wrong direction. The search button is for that. Posting a thread asking questions will allow « unwanted good advise » to slip through. My bad
Yeah I saw these and things are all over the place. Like someone runs a 305/30/19 on stock rims… that doesn’t seem right.

a lot of posts have also been about what people plan to do. I’m hoping to hear if they did do xyz and hoping they would chime in.

im trying to avoid buying the wrong tires and slipping as I currently am…

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Currently using yokohoma apex 601s is a decent tire swapped from OEM mpss which slipped like crazy all the way through 3rd gear for me swapped at only 7k miles … all stock suspension and wheel - running e30 w/jb4 and high-flow cat.

yokohoma have been good so far after one track session and few hundred miles of driving no issues putting down power properly and slipping as before and cheap for set less than 1k installed a052 should be an even better tire but costs little more

stock tire size at 32 psi

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
I’ve got a set of Goodyear F1 Supersports on mine, they’re a league ahead of the OE Michelins that came with the car.

They grip up very well on throttle, and sharpen up the steering response of the car also. I daily mine, and haven’t noticed any negatives yet compared to the PSS they replaced.

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I’ve got a set of Goodyear F1 Supersports on mine, they’re a league ahead of the OE Michelins that came with the car.

They grip up very well on throttle, and sharpen up the steering response of the car also. I daily mine, and haven’t noticed any negatives yet compared to the PSS they replaced.
Ste you tuned? Slipping? What size are the front and back?

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra primium 3.0
I searched the Facebook groups and the forum and found no useful information so hopefully I get something out of this…

Spring is coming up and my stock tires are about to be done. I’m e50 Visconti tuned and slip like crazy. I’m looking for a front and rear tire that can hook with my power. I don’t drag or circuit but I do daily the car and drive aggressive most of the time if the road is open and safe. I’m also on stock rims.

I would hope for something that lasts a while, hooks in 50 degree weather, and can take turns when it’s wet. (This may be a lot but hopefully something out there can fit the criteria).

I guess another thing to ask would be the size for the front and back to also help with what I’m looking for. I can get spacers if need be.

I also live in Missouri and come colder months, I’ll most likely switch to continental dsw06’s.

Thanks!
I'm running nitto G2(275/35/19) in the front not rubbing at all
In the rear I'm running Nitto Nt05(305/35/19)
I am also tune E85 with meth injection pushing 750 HP
I am using this HKS adjustable spring.
You won't be slipping with the NT05 rear.
If you are running with the OEM wheels. I think 265 in the front and 295 in the rear like your best shot
Sponsored