I got a chance to see the new Supra without any camo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicol33t

First Name
Sandro
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RAV4 C-HR
So I finally saw the car, with no camo, full interior. And i can say, the pictures dont do this car justice, it looks so much better in person.

All vents are fake. Even those in the front.
There is also a GR logo on the back.
Interior is nice and very premium, this one had electric seats and all. Lots of resemblence to BMW, but in a positive way. It feels very wide when sitting inside.
The boot is tiny, and very small entrance.

Now i have no clue on motor stuff, but they did mention twin scroll turbo? 50/50 weight ratio. And they also mentioned something about it being on the golden ratio? They didnt go fully into detail on that one.
This is the europeen version, so it has 340HP and 0-100 in about 4.5sec. Also less than 1500kg and more rigid than LFA, the usual stuff.

Also pricing, here in norway its going to be between 800-900k NOK. Which is about 94-105k USD. The Z4 is also around 900k here, so there isnt much of a price difference between the two cars.

Ill post some more if i remember, just came back from the trip and am so tired.
Sponsored

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
@Kicol33t Thanks for the insight! Hopefully the car comes to the NY International Auto Show, so I could get that first impression as well.

I'm pretty sure you weren't allowed, but did you manage to get any pics? We won't tell, scouts honor ;).

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
So I finally saw the car, with no camo, full interior. And i can say, the pictures dont do this car justice, it looks so much better in person.

All vents are fake. Even those in the front.
There is also a GR logo on the back.
Interior is nice and very premium, this one had electric seats and all. Lots of resemblence to BMW, but in a positive way. It feels very wide when sitting inside.
The boot is tiny, and very small entrance.

Now i have no clue on motor stuff, but they did mention twin scroll turbo? 50/50 weight ratio. And they also mentioned something about it being on the golden ratio? They didnt go fully into detail on that one.
This is the europeen version, so it has 340HP and 0-100 in about 4.5sec. Also less than 1500kg and more rigid than LFA, the usual stuff.

Also pricing, here in norway its going to be between 800-900k NOK. Which is about 94-105k USD. The Z4 is also around 900k here, so there isnt much of a price difference between the two cars.

Ill post some more if i remember, just came back from the trip and am so tired.
I wonder what that price translates to in USD minus all the Norwegian taxes and addons. Can you give us some examples of cars that cost the same price in Norway?

OP
OP

Kicol33t

First Name
Sandro
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RAV4 C-HR
I wonder what that price translates to in USD minus all the Norwegian taxes and addons. Can you give us some examples of cars that cost the same price in Norway?
Well you have the new Z4 and M2 that are priced the same, Cayman is around 120.000USD, so its a bit more expensive. The GT86 is around 70.000USD.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Well you have the new Z4 and M2 that are priced the same, Cayman is around 120.000USD, so its a bit more expensive. The GT86 is around 70.000USD.
What a world where the GT86 is 7/10s the price of an M2

CantEven_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Cayman GT4
If that's the pricing I'll go for an m2 competition
depending on the official starting power figure and your plans for future tuning etc. I may re-think that decision. There is no doubt the M2 Competition is an amazing car.....some journalists are picking it over the 718 Cayman....but you have to remember adding power is WAY easier than removing weight. Also if you plan to bump the power up on the M2 you now have the Crankhub design flaw in the back of your mind with the S55 engine. Its not a guaranteed failure by any means and the S55 engine powerband wise is amazing but it has been shown that the crank hub can spin causing pretty much catastrophic failure of the engine on even a stock engine....with higher percentage chance on a tuned engine. Seems to happen more with DCT cars and a lot of BMW guys think its sudden torque from the kickdown feature....but there is no solid proof correlation.

If you want to see the failure rates between year to year and manual vs. dct bimmerpost has a huge post on it. Its a small percentage yes....but for me its a large enough amount of failures to keep me from getting an S55 engine (cause I am definitely wanting to tune my engines for more power). If it caused a small issue or small part to break...fine...I can eat the cost, but when they fail BMW pretty much says...yep! whole new engine.

There are some fixes from the aftermarket with this issue that have shown to help and remedy the problem...but unless you do it yourself its like a 4k USD job....just to be able to tune your car with ease of mind! On the flip side....there are s55 engines stock holding 600+whp....but to me that engine tuned is a gamble and a pricey one if it fails

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Do you recall if the mirrors looked like the ones used on the prototypes / Z4?

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
Taxes on cars are very very high in Norway. Basically there is a sales tax of 25 percent. Additionally you have to pay a tax on first time registering a new car. It depends on several factors:

• emissions (CO2)
  • weight (more if the car is above 1,400 kg and even more above 1,500 kg)
  • power
  • emissions (nitrogen oxides)

It’s quite difficult at all and the most easy way to understand how it works is compare prices here and there.

Here are a few examples for car pricing in Norway / Germany / USA (all in US$):

Model / NOR incl. tax / GER incl. tax / GER excl. tax / US excl. tax

BMW 230i / 54k / 48k / 40k / 35k

BMW M240i / 78k / 57k / 48k / 46k

BMW M2 MT / 119k / 70k / 59k / 59k

BMW M4 MT / 132k / 90k / 75.5k / 69k

Porsche Caymann GTS / 133k / 91.5k / 77k / 81k

If the Supra is about 800k NOK, it should be between M240i and M2 Competition.
If you need more examples, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.