If it wasnt for the supra, what car to get????

Sgtfluffy16

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 45th anniversary edition
How high was it specā€™d? High high highly.

lmao
Well considering other than PTS. Which im sure you have NO idea what that means sticker was $109K

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Oh this is going to go done wellā€¦

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
New, probably another Supra. I was cross shopping a ZL1, GT350, and M2C at the time of the Supra purchase. Iā€™ve grown fond of the smaller size, smooth inline 6 turbo, aftermarket support, and the styling. Always had my eye on a Porsche GT or Turbo car as a next step but those seem to have gone further out of reachā€¦

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
New, probably another Supra. I was cross shopping a ZL1, GT350, and M2C at the time of the Supra purchase. Iā€™ve grown fond of the smaller size, smooth inline 6 turbo, aftermarket support, and the styling. Always had my eye on a Porsche GT or Turbo car as a next step but those seem to have gone further out of reachā€¦
your profile pic is friggin awesome

Reactions: je8

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Well, this thread isn't what I thought it would be. OP and I are in the exact same boat; lost the 23 MT, cash in hand ready to buy something. The problem is I haven't found anything as good for the price, plus I still have a bunch of parts & MKV/GR stuff in the garage... so I've cast a net for a 2024 MT. We'll just have to see what floats into it.

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
@FuzzyRev85 for the price/performance ratio, I donā€™t think anything comes close to the Supra. Which is why if I was in yours and OPs position, Iā€™m almost certain Iā€™d end getting another Supra too.

The only other car that Iā€™d consider if I wanted to spend more $ā€¦. and Iā€™m going to eat fat crow for thisā€¦ is the new M2. Still donā€™t like how it looks but that thing is a rocket ship.

Allenyao09

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Toyota GR Supra 3.0 MT
At the 60k price point Supra is probably the best bet. I was cross shopping a GR86 and F87 M2C before getting the manual Supra. The GR86 is light and nimble, more powerful than 86 but not powerful enough for me. The F87 is very lively but it's still feels like a sedan, and the manual/clutch is much worse. If you can up the price range to 100k, Emira, used AMG GT, Vantage, or 991 Carrera would be good choices too. 718 GT4/Spyder are amazing too, but the prices are above 120k.

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I play this ā€œwhat other carā€ game often and always return to how much of a bargain the Supra is. Is a Cayman GT4 really $40k more fun? I doubt it. Iā€™d love to get a chance to thrash one on track for a few days, but IRL, itā€™s hard for me to justify.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Porsche people and Corvette people are literally the same people wearing different shoes.
I prefer Skechers!

ā€¦while eating at Olive Garden.
I do enjoy eating at Olive Garden sometimes!

Are they? Shoes aside, I feel there are a lot more grey ponytails in the Corvette crowd.
I have a high and tight haircut (former Marine here)

haha fr they be like ā€œmy car was built on a tuesday and the engineer farted in the passenger seat so it makes it a 1 of 1ā€ and theyā€™ll put that on a plaque out front.
Damn I forgot to add that to my engine bay plaque!

Best Engine Bay Pic 1.jpg

Window Tint 14.jpg

Best Interior Pic 1.jpg

I did have some fun times with my Supra!

side shot cactus 2.jpg

Last edited:

Lorre

First Name
Errol
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Hi OP, glad youā€™re ok.

Iā€™d probably get another Supra MT.

If you donā€™t want the same thing, itā€™ll be a F87 M2C or M2CS for me if it doesnā€™t have to be new.

I test drove the 981 GT4 3.8L and thought it felt slow. I think it needs a race track to show its magic. Iā€™m that sense I think the 718 GT4 with the 4.0L engine would be a good balance between street and track enjoyment. But that is way off the price bracket from where I am.

Lorre

First Name
Errol
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R FK8
I almost traded in my Supra for a 981 GT4.

Thank God I test drove it because that thing wasn't good stock and it was slow.

I will say the 718 GT4 is a gamechanger but it's literally double the price. Something feels off spending double for not double the experience, and I own a lot of NA cars already lol
Totally understand what you mean. I think the long gearing just makes it worse. Do enjoy the intake noise and gearshift though.

it needs the 4.0L motor but thatā€™s quite abit more in price.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Come to think about it. My first true love was the C7 Corvette. I wanted one before the Supra so yeah probably that.
Sponsored