Sold: I'm literally willing to pay for a test drive

deicide

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 audi sq5, '21 tesla model 3, '24 tesla model y
edit — I finally got to drive one.
have a deposit down and working out a deal now. Got them to reduce the markup but still trying to get it off entirely. Wish me luck.

Hi all!

I've been trying to find a dealership that has a 3.0 MT available to test drive; I've called every Toyota dealership within 250 miles of me and I'm sure you can imagine that there aren't any and the ones currently on their way to them are already reserved. Reluctantly, I decided to just put a deposit down (at MSRP thankfully) in hopes that I get an allocation but the dealer really wanted to empathize that it could take up to 18 months or even never getting one.

That all being said, I'd really like to test drive one before I spend ~$60k on a car so I've decided to reach out to the community.

If you're in New Jersey (I'm in the Philly area but willing to travel a reasonable distance) and are interested in showing your car off a bit, that would be awesome. I don't mind flipping a few bucks, pay for gas, food, whatever. I'd really just like to see and drive one before I actually buy it.

If this is the dumbest thing you've read today, I apologize.

Thanks!

edit: mods, if this should be posted in the regional section please let me know
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
Might want to change your title as I was a bit confused opening this thread up. I'm assuming you meant to say "willing" and not winning?

Hope you're able to find one to test drive or someone willing to let you check it out! I've got the AT but this car is an absolute blast to drive. Traded in my 21 Mach 1 that was fully loaded for mine and don't regret it.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
If this is the dumbest thing you've read today, I apologize.
This is SO far from the dumbest thing I've read today. If you were closer, I'd let you give mine a rip, but it's also broken and not a typical Supra experience, so it would be useless in your use case

OP
OP
deicide

deicide

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Might want to change your title as I was a bit confused opening this thread up. I'm assuming you meant to say "willing" and not winning?

Hope you're able to find one to test drive or someone willing to let you check it out! I've got the AT but this car is an absolute blast to drive. Traded in my 21 Mach 1 that was fully loaded for mine and don't regret it.
fixed the title haha thank you! fingers crossed

This is SO far from the dumbest thing I've read today. If you were closer, I'd let you give mine a rip, but it's also broken and not a typical Supra experience, so it would be useless in your use case
i appreciate that!

You must be new here.
how could you tell?

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
Due to low volume and high demand it’s going to be impossible to find one at a dealer to let you drive as they are usually all pre sold. What other cars are you considering?

OP
OP
deicide

deicide

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Due to low volume and high demand it’s going to be impossible to find one at a dealer to let you drive as they are usually all pre sold. What other cars are you considering?
yeah i understand that. but it was a definite no if i didnt try.

also, not considering anything else. dont need another car but am finally in a position in which i can comfortably afford to get the car i wanted since i was a teenager.

Viper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Viper, TRX, M4
If you ever travel to Austin you can drive mine anytime. I let another forum member drive it and offered to use my lift if he wants to do any installs

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
possibly dumb thought, would trying something like a manual m340i on turo give OP an idea of the power/transmission feel?

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Go to a bmw dealership and drive any manual b58

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R. e46
maybe a mod can move this thread into the New Jersey section of the forum. surely someone on there wouldn't mind. i drove the automatic one at dealers before i decided to order a MT. i just assumed it would get better and i was right lol