Interview Questions for Detroit from the Fans

What 2018 Auto Show do you Toyota will pick for a possible unveiling?

• Detroit

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Chicago

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • New York

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Geneva

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Los Angeles

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Pebble Beach Concours D'Eleganc

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • None of the above, it will take place at a 2019 auto show.

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Now that the Toyota brand flagship is to be released, will Toyota consider the return of a performance all-wheel platform? Perhaps revival of the Celica?
They already filed a trademark in August
Sponsored

25233Guyver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 Civic
I'm aware, but that doesn't mean too much when they can just keep the name. It's also no guarantee that the Celica, if they do make it, will be all-wheel drive. Or, if the all-wheel drive will make it to the American market.

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
I'm aware, but that doesn't mean too much when they can just keep the name. It's also no guarantee that the Celica, if they do make it, will be all-wheel drive. Or, if the all-wheel drive will make it to the American market.
You have to use the trademark in 3 years or else it becomes invalid.

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
off topic. Can you sneak in a question about the future of Lexus GS while asking about the supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
How does this new "Supra" pay tribute to the previous generation(s)? What makes the route for this "Supra" different from the previous generation(s)? Of course as a follow up, why was this route chosen?

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
I am new member to your Forum today. Has anyone asked about Paddle Shifters? Can't quite tell from the interior pictures...

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Can we at least get some glimpse of the car to be revealed later this month? Nissan let its audience see some bits and pieces of the GTR before it was debuted weeks later. This camo-crap is really pissing me off.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I am new member to your Forum today. Has anyone asked about Paddle Shifters? Can't quite tell from the interior pictures...
Yes, it is supposed to have paddles, but from the spyshots it looks like they are going to be like the Z4 (small)

Can we at least get some glimpse of the car to be revealed later this month? Nissan let its audience see some bits and pieces of the GTR before it was debuted weeks later. This camo-crap is really pissing me off.
Being that it hasn't dropped any of its camo, let alone even more is concerning IMO. We might just get a concept car they mothballed a while back with the production ready version coming at some later date.

Joystick

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
it depends
1. Subaru BRZ, BMW Z4: why is TOYOTA unable to build sports cars alone, whereas NISSAN, PORSCHE, FORD, ... can do that?
2. Is the result of a joint venture TOYOTA Halo car? Isn't it a shame?
3. Is this presumed SUPRA with small engine the death certificate of the 86 twins?
4. What does TOYOTA think about DCT?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think the joint ventures come down purely to Toyota wanting to save as much money as possible. The board of directors, investors, and as a result the accounting department will only approve high risk, low return vehicles when they can be assured that the buy in is low and as such any losses are easier to fathom. This is comical because Toyota has so much capital it's mindblowing.

This is good business, but it also pisses off enthusiasts/purists. Notice how Lexus does not have this issue because they are managed in a far more American fashion and as such have more freedom to use capital (granted their overall user base is way different).

DCT is likely going to be a thing of the past soon from what different engineers (friends outside of toyota and otherwise) have been saying. Apparently the next gen autos are even faster than the ZF8 (not surprising), and so as long as your have paddles then its gonna be about the same experience. It will likely be a bit slower just because DCT is nearly instant, but manufacturers will take that for lower costs both in design and maintenance.

What they dont understand is how much more connected a DCT feels.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ see that's my personal issue with driving a manual vs DCT. I just don't feel as connected driving a DCT vehicle compared to a manual. And if these new Auto's feel even more disconnected than a DCT and shifting is not as precise, than that is even more worrisome to me.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
well, from what I understand, all of that is true... Ultimately a traditional auto with a TQ converter is going to feel disconnected. To what degree the ZF8 displays this characterisitic is unknown to me (havent tried one).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.