Is it only me or others also hate these stupid cupholders in armrest?

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
I really hate the idea of having useless cupholders in the center armrest instead of covered compartment for small things. I loved sliding cover in my old Mazda RX8 and installed aftermarket flipping cover in BRZ, which I drove before Supra.

Does anyone know about any aftermarket solution which would replace stock armrest with one that have covered small storage bin? If something is available in Europe and Japan, I would gladly import it like I did for BRZ.
Sponsored

OP
OP

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
I would never eat or drink in my car so it is not an issue.
Me either. But it would be nice to have a small covered compartment, if for nothing else but storing a hundgun.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I would never eat or drink in my car so it is not an issue.
I recently did an 9x2=18-hr drive where the cup holders came in handy for coffee.

While waiting for a covered compartment option, you can always get a pouch and clip it on underneath your seat. or use the seat-backs. just some options FYI.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
The OEM Toyota sliding armrest/cupholder cover option was great in my BRZ. I'm not a big fan of exposed cupholders either. However, I do use them - one for a water bottle and the other for spare face mask #becausecovid.

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
The OEM Toyota sliding armrest/cupholder cover option was great in my BRZ. I'm not a big fan of exposed cupholders either. However, I do use them - one for a water bottle and the other for spare face mask #becausecovid.
I would have liked center console storage instead, and cup holders in front of shifter, even though I rarely use them for cups, sometimes its nice to put my phone there. Also wish there was a USB port in glove box, or if there was one with the center console storage so I would have a place for my ipod.

Last edited:

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, It's you...I don't hate them....

I definitely use my cupholders and don't hate the location of them...I don't eat in my car but I do stop at Wendy's on occasion and place my smoothie in the cupholder until I get home to enjoy it...ha!

My bottle of hand sanitizer also fits nicely in the rear cupholder position #becausecovid

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Don't like covered cupholders. Different strokes for different folks. I have no issues with Supra's cupholders aside from the fact that the water bottle that Toyota sells doesn't fit in it.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
I use the rear one for a water container ( I live in the desert) and the front one for hand sanitizer (pandemic you know). :^)

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
Me either. But it would be nice to have a small covered compartment, if for nothing else but storing a hundgun.
I put 2 tall, open top tumblers in the cup holders and use them as storage for stuff like sunglasses, gate remote, spare face masks etc.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
I put one spare mask under the visor and a few in the slot behind the passenger seat. As an ICU nurse and have worked through 2 past pandemics, masks work!

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I like the cupholders and storage cubby. They are tucked far enough away to not get in your way, but still convenient enough to use them. The area I do hate is the phone charger area. It's basically just a sunglass holder and takes up so much room. The phone usually gets thrown on the passenger seat.
Sponsored