Is it worth it to buy a 2020 Supra now?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Thanks for the input. I really am not familiar enough with all of the ins and outs of Toyota and BMWs. It is actually great to hear. I have been getting hung up too much on the year to year upgrades between 2020 to 2021 and ignored the fact that 2020 is still a highly rated car. I guess too anything that happens would be covered under warranty for at least the first 3 years assuming no modifications. I am not too worried about resale value because I really want to keep it for long term.
Powertrain warranty is 5 years if I'm not mistaken. 5 years or 60k miles, whichever comes first.
Sponsored

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Whelp.... I got the quote from the dealership for $47,xxx like i said previously but the dealership came back and said they made a mistake and was for the base model at MSRP minus the $3500 cash incentive. New price was going to be $51,xxx for the same vehicle, which is pretty close to the MSRP minus the $3500 cash.

They said the $47,xxx was about invoice with the $3500 and that they saw some go for that price but wont do it now.... kinda bummed... also not the color that I wanted so that doesnt help with the price increase.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Several dealers in So. CA still have a few Launch Editions. I contacted them and two got back to me. One offered it for $50K plus TTL, which brought the price to just under $55K. The other dealer said $53K, plus $50K markup. I couldn't help but laugh at that. The first just disappeared from their website this afternoon. I hope whoever bought it (#822) got at least the price that was offered to me.

I decided to wait for the 2021. The improvements make it much more appealing. Besides, years down the line the 2021 will have better resale value than the 2020, LE number or not.

mk3ownz

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rx350 f sport
doesnt make sense to buy a 2020 for 50k, when you can get a 2021 for 55k.

thrilliam

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW m240i
If you're patient, and good at haggling, you won't pay $55k + ttl for a 2021. I won't.
How long do you think it’ll be until we can get the 2021 without markup? Dealers around me don’t expect to get one until maybe August and it’ll be marked up

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
=
How long do you think it’ll be until we can get the 2021 without markup? Dealers around me don’t expect to get one until maybe August and it’ll be marked up
This is why I have changed my mind and am almost to an agreed price on a nocturnal black 2020 3.0 premium. Dealers around me have been telling me there are a couple that are in the system that are being delivered but no one can tell me when they are arriving much less even getting an idea of price. By the time those are delivered someone could have already have them spoken for and then who knows when the next 2021s are going to be available in my area.

I would rather have a solid car now at a great price with knowing that no matter what they are making year to year upgrades and each year is going to get better.

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
New member here, just bought my Red 2020 3.0 Premium, $46,666.00 OTD!!! 0% for 60 months. Really wanted the A91 but couldn't pass up this deal.
This is the most amazing deal I have heard so far. Congratulations and have fun.

Kristos

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 Corvette GS, 2012 BOSS 302
Yeah, had the dealership price match $48K, went back 5 days later and luckily looked at Cargurus 1st and saw they had an internet sale price of $46666.00. I told salesman I wanted new advertised price and he acted like he didn't even know about it. Lol They will always try to find a way to get you. Already have AWE Track cat-back and EcuTek 93 Octane map installed. Runs and sounds great!! Gonna flash E30 map tomorrow and should be done modding for a few weeks anyway. Lol

Last edited:

Supra60

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius Prime, Toyota Rav4
New member here, just bought my Red 2020 3.0 Premium, $46,666.00 OTD!!! 0% for 60 months. Really wanted the A91 but couldn't pass up this deal.
Wow!! That is an awesome deal. You got that price plus zero percent for 60 months? Was that the last 2020 they had? My local dealer in NY still has two premium models and are holding steady at 52k with the zero percent.

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Yeah, had the dealership price match $48K, went back 5 days later and luckily looked at Cargurus 1st and saw they had an internet sale price of $46666.00. I told salesman I wanted new advertisex price and he acted like he didn't even know about it. Lol They will always try to find a way to get you.Already have AWE Track cat-back and EcuTek 93 Octane map installed. R uns and sounds great!! Gonna flash E30 map tomorrow and should be done modding for a few weeks anyway. Lol
Congrats. Seeing the car was a little modded already, how many miles were on it?
Sponsored