Is the A91 CF edition worth it?

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I just sold my 2021 3.0 Premium that was in Turbulence Grey for a super good price and I have a hold on a A91 CF edition and was wondering if it’s worth it or if I should get the new Lotus?

I ask if it’s worth it because one thing that really bothers me is that there’s no HUD on any of Toyotas premium edition models which is ridiculous so is it worth buying, get a Lotus or another car? Or just wait for the 23 Supras?
Sponsored

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Lol, the HUD is nice, but not a game changer, the CF edition does look cool and have a cool interior, if it a phantom or nitro car I would say maybe, anything else nah not really worth the swap, see if they come out with a manual targa top or s58 powered one. I have a new Emira on order but I am not sure if it'll be any good.

nateog

First Name
nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra A91-CF Edition (Absolute Zero)
I own a CF, in white, and I love it. But for all intents and purposes, driving a CF FEELS the same as driving any other GR Supra 3.0. So I think the answer to your question really is -- do you want the same driving experience as your last car, or a different one?

Like I said. I love my CF. Of all the objects I've ever owned -- clothing or toys or books or furniture or cars -- this is my favorite thing. In life. Ever. I hope to have kids someday and I hope to pass this car down to them someday. I am grateful that I get to own this car and sometimes I'm amazed that I do. It's a dream car for me. I would be happy with any GR Supra 3.0, and I lucked out and landed a CF.

I personally enjoy knowing of all the GR Supra's out there, mine is one of 600 for this model year. It doesn't make my car any better than anyone else's but it's a special and rare thing that you don't see often. That really is true of any GR Supra and any Lotus too. There just aren't many of any of these cars around.

Back to your question -- should you get a CF? Well. You just had a GR Supra and you sold it. If you're happy having the same car, with a slightly different interior and the (I think really cool looking) carbon fiber ground effects kit, then I say go for it! If you liked it but are looking for a tangibly different driving experience, I'd say wait and see if the 2023 has a new engine or the manual transmission or go get the Lotus.

Hope this helps!

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
I own a CF, in white, and I love it. But for all intents and purposes, driving a CF FEELS the same as driving any other GR Supra 3.0. So I think the answer to your question really is -- do you want the same driving experience as your last car, or a different one?

Like I said. I love my CF. Of all the objects I've ever owned -- clothing or toys or books or furniture or cars -- this is my favorite thing. In life. Ever. I hope to have kids someday and I hope to pass this car down to them someday. I am grateful that I get to own this car and sometimes I'm amazed that I do. It's a dream car for me. I would be happy with any GR Supra 3.0, and I lucked out and landed a CF.

I personally enjoy knowing of all the GR Supra's out there, mine is one of 600 for this model year. It doesn't make my car any better than anyone else's but it's a special and rare thing that you don't see often. That really is true of any GR Supra and any Lotus too. There just aren't many of any of these cars around.

Back to your question -- should you get a CF? Well. You just had a GR Supra and you sold it. If you're happy having the same car, with a slightly different interior and the (I think really cool looking) carbon fiber ground effects kit, then I say go for it! If you liked it but are looking for a tangibly different driving experience, I'd say wait and see if the 2023 has a new engine or the manual transmission or go get the Lotus.

Hope this helps!

out of curiosity, what kind of deal were you able to get on the CF edition.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Mechanically, you're buying the same car. So far The question becomes, do you think the extra $6k or whatever your markup is will be worth the exclusivity?

I'd personally say no. Most CF trim parts are cheaper in the aftermarket, and you'll always be holding your breath about accidentally cracking the piece. Not to mention, the only people who'll really notice are some sharp-eyed Supra enthusiasts -- I've had plenty of people, both general car enthusiasts and other Supra owners, ask me if I had an A91 because I slapped on the vinyls and added a Rexpeed V2 lip spoiler. And if you've got the money to go in on an Emira, definitely go that route. Lotuses are properly rare, and I'd expect that to compete with the Cayman GT4 and 911, basically a step up in the sports car segment.

Reactions: zrk

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV

Hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing insights. I was always wondering if there would be improvements in terms of performance.

nateog

First Name
nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra A91-CF Edition (Absolute Zero)
out of curiosity, what kind of deal were you able to get on the CF edition.
I got mine at MSRP from Longo Toyota. Every car they sell, they sell at MSRP.

And I learned that right here on this forum, actually.
Sponsored