Is your Supra the same after the recall?

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
stock supra guys like me trying to get any extra power from any thing . lol
since it is locked, let us live the extra power in peace hehehehe.
Well you've got quite a bit more than I do (stock MY20) and it's not only real but verifiable... so take comfort in that. ;)

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
I too live in Ohio. What dealer upgraded your Supra
I went to Performance Toyota off Dixie Highway. I live in Cincinnati. I’ve been going to them since 2005. The customer service has went down since then but they’re still solid.

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Quick reminder everyone.

Software updates cannot change the physical properties of your car.
while it’s possible other work was done to your car, it would be on the work order.
What are you talking about?

After the recall fix my car has a 480hp twin turbo 3JZ (tunable, no less) 7 speed MT, is 250lbs lighter, and _the best part_ no creaks or wind buffeting.

Ya’ll need to take it to a qualified dealership.:rolleyes:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
What are you talking about?

After the recall fix my car has a 480hp twin turbo 3JZ (tunable, no less) 7 speed MT, is 250lbs lighter, and _the best part_ no creaks or wind buffeting.

Ya’ll need to take it to a qualified dealership.:rolleyes:
Lol. Jesus you're stupid.

I also got a TT 2JZ, mine I got tuned for corn and making 620.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
After my recall, I think ? it feel slower. Felt like I was back in a civic again.
They keep the turbo if you don't explicitly tell them to leave it in.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Recall done, no issues at all. Dealership was competent, seemed to have good experience doing this.
I spent part of yesterday evening re-coding what I had made via BimmerCode, i.e what I had before:
Stop/Start memory on, Active Sound Design, out; 30deg side mirror; Start in Sport Individual.

I went on a long drive today, all kinds of roads. I concluded that no matter what Toyota told us, this update/upgrade
involved a bit (maybe quite a bit) more. The car is different in a good and positive way. It could be that I'm all wet but
I find the steering meatier ( I always have it in Sport), the engine pulls harder ( I am stock) the brakes are better. Somehow the
car seems more planted.

Anyone else?
Yes, except for my fried Navi. Grrrr

Possoum

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Toyota Supra
Recall done, no issues at all. Dealership was competent, seemed to have good experience doing this.
I spent part of yesterday evening re-coding what I had made via BimmerCode, i.e what I had before:
Stop/Start memory on, Active Sound Design, out; 30deg side mirror; Start in Sport Individual.

I went on a long drive today, all kinds of roads. I concluded that no matter what Toyota told us, this update/upgrade
involved a bit (maybe quite a bit) more. The car is different in a good and positive way. It could be that I'm all wet but
I find the steering meatier ( I always have it in Sport), the engine pulls harder ( I am stock) the brakes are better. Somehow the
car seems more planted.

Anyone else?

Fried my head unit and then tried to blame it on my spoiler that was factory and installed by Toyota Dealer. Its been at the dealer for over a week and from what Toyota said they do not have extra replacement head units.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I will say that with more and more of a given car being electronically controlled and customizable (e.g., brake feel, engine mapping, diff torque limits, etc.), there is at least the potential that software updates can change or improve aspects of the car's performance. I just haven't seen anything to suggest that is what is going on here, with this recall.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fried my head unit and then tried to blame it on my spoiler that was factory and installed by Toyota Dealer. Its been at the dealer for over a week and from what Toyota said they do not have extra replacement head units.
Ok - I stand corrected. Software could definitely physically fry electronic components.
Sponsored