OP

OverRev

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 SUPRA
Happened to me a couple times when temps got below freezing. Window won’t drop the half inch when door opens. Then the door won’t close fully because window is hitting rubber on top. Throw your seatbelt on and start driving with your heat on max. The window will eventually thaw out and drop down the half inch. Then you can fully close the door.
yes, this is what I found, needa buckle the seatbelt to get it in gear, thanks for confrimation. any idea how you can stop the window from freezing/stuck? I try a few things but won't work, never have this issues with my previous BMWs, unless Toyota cheap out on the window motors.
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
make a list of sports cars. Then stack rank them.

Supra is at the bottom for sure. It’s absolutely entry level.
well, its not an entry sports car for me. I am not rich like you guys I guess......

OP
OP

OverRev

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 SUPRA
It's true I'm not sure why there's such a stigma around driving these cars in the snow, they honestly handle it fine as long as you don't cheap out and get good tires.

I've had more fun driving my supra in the snow and -40 weather than my awd cars.

My guess is that most of the hating posts are from people in warmer climates that don't really know how smalll of an impact snow has. Especially if you live somewhere where they no longer use salt on the roads.

58D28F20-ED7B-4689-8B97-29D9AD7FAEAF.jpeg
Sick, like how you put the cargobox on top. I had installed one on an avantador before, customer said what's better to drive in winter than 700hp + AWD. pretty bold statament. I just wish my Supra is manual with a regular handbrakes, it would be fun.

Last edited:

3rdGearEvo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 2003 Evo VIII
yes, this is what I found, needa buckle the seatbelt to get it in gear, thanks for confrimation. any idea how you can stop the window from freezing/stuck? I try a few things but won't work, never have this issues with my previous BMWs, unless Toyota cheap out on the window motors.
What I did to prevent the window from sticking was first remove all ice/water, dirt, etc. from window, door, and chassis seals. It helps to do this on a warmer, dry day. Then, spray some silicone lubricant on a rag and wipe all the rubber seals you can, leaving a thin layer. Try to coat the seals at the base of the window also. Putting the window all the way down helps with this. You may have to add another coat of silicone after the first coat dries. Hope this helps!

Deleted member 6088

I have the same problem here in Ontario. What I do is scrape the window well and then use a little -40C washer fluid along the top of the rubber... Couple of quick applications and window mover freely and dont refreeze until it rains or a really wet snow.

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
I have the same problem here in Ontario. What I do is scrape the window well and then use a little -40C washer fluid along the top of the rubber... Couple of quick applications and window mover freely and dont refreeze until it rains or a really wet snow.
I've had to do this as well. Really wet heavy snow can make it tough. I've even lowered the window 5mm before to keep it from freezing on a night I knew it would be bad. Sadly some of us in our early 20's did buy a car before a house w/garage and now they are too expensive to buy a good one 😢

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
There’s also a way to reset the up / down (drop down) window when I opening and closing the door. It requires holding the window button down or up for a series of time. I’m sure this sequence can be found online. Sounds like it needs the hard reset.
Doing a window search and chiming in from ice cold SWFL. My passenger window loves to go 1/2 way down when fully rolled up or open the door. Did this exact sequence thing a few times and it works…. temporarily. The Ft. Myers, FL Toyota dealer sucks, couldn’t confirm a “Supra tech” appointment, had to rescheduled only to find out they couldn’t hook it up to a computer being heavily lowered with Eibach springs, lol. So I’m going to try the Naples dealer next for a hard reset.

Enjoy the beautiful snow ❄ and glad most of ya are still driving them regardless :)

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
The suggestion is to have the car running and hold the subdue button in the up position with the door closed for about 30 seconds. This will reset the operation to normal specs. Perhaps this is what you already tried? Hope this helps.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
No. I watched my mechanic do the ”Honda” reset he called it. He held it for 5 seconds down, then 5 seconds up (or vice versa) with power on, maybe. Thought that fixed it until… it does it all the time now. So I’ll do your method. I didn’t bring it to him for that, he just tried something like it and it worked temporarily. Thanks @Andrew4Supra !!!!

I’m getting more used to the intermittent electronic “stuff”. Razorlab Brian told me about an Android phone app and something else for the electronics. I bookmarked it and will look into all that April’ish post track season down here :)