Alibasteous

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra gr
hello everyone.
im currently elbow deep into a Lambo door conversion on my 2020 GR. however i have hit a snag... the OEM door hinges are bolted from the back side. and i am having zero luck finding a video or advice or pics on how one would go about accessing the back side of these top hinge posts. does anyone have any advice?
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
hello everyone.
im currently elbow deep into a Lambo door conversion on my 2020 GR. however i have hit a snag... the OEM door hinges are bolted from the back side. and i am having zero luck finding a video or advice or pics on how one would go about accessing the back side of these top hinge posts. does anyone have any advice?
Is there anyway you can return the car to stock and sell the lambo door kit? (Being serious)

OP
OP

Alibasteous

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra gr
Is there anyway you can return the car to stock and sell the lambo door kit? (Being serious)
Well obviously. And while I'm at it let's sell the car completely and just buy some cool looking sneakers. Cause I was really asking for advice on selling it. If that was a consideration don't you think I would a just done it and not asked for help moving forward with the intended project? Every post has at least 1 guy....

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
I think it cool your doing Lamborghini doors...
Not my thing but making the car yours is cool...not everybody into custom mods..

Sorry no advice on access...

Steve

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Well obviously. And while I'm at it let's sell the car completely and just buy some cool looking sneakers. Cause I was really asking for advice on selling it. If that was a consideration don't you think I would a just done it and not asked for help moving forward with the intended project? Every post has at least 1 guy....
Sorry man, just trying to prevent you from ruining your beautiful Supra. Man to Man. I have seen how many of these lambo door/vertical kits ruined my friends’ Hondas back in the 90’s and early 2000’s. Just trying to save you the headache honestly.

You did say anybody have any advice....... lol

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

I think at least 2 YouTubers also had suicide/lambo door conversion. Was it the green one? Anyhow, perhaps reach out to them?

Also, elbow deep, imho carries negative connotation... as if you've regretted buying it.. but agreed, you wouldn't have asked if you wanted to get rid of it..

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I could park in tighter spaces and have more room in my garage. :hmm:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I could park in tighter spaces and have more room in my garage. :hmm:
But you live in DFW where there is no tight space.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
But you live in DFW where there is no tight space.
Good point. Lol.

However, in abiding by the Texas-sized theme, everyone drives a massive truck or SUV. So naturally, they're all parked over the lines.

frankelito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 3.0 P
hello everyone.
Hey, my car received a huge hit on the drivers door as well, all hinges destroyed and bent. The guy that did the body work for me to fix them up said you need to take out the whole dashboard panel (which is a pain in the ass) and on u should see them. Good luck

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
hello everyone.
Reach out to @Guff on here. I think he had the door off on the TA90 rebuild. He may know the answer you're looking for.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Seriously, I have a one car garage and the supra doors are so long it's a struggle to get in and out.
I hear you. I also currently have the one, (hopefully soon to change), I let my wife out of the car before going in and park slightly slanted so the driver door can open all the way.
Sponsored