• With air vents

Votes: 74 74.7%

• Total voters

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I can't speak for the vipers ans vettes, but I should clarify. I mean full ducting all the way to the centre of brake rotor. Sometimes, depending on pad and rotors selection, you could end up in a situation on the street where the rotors would be too cool, and compromise braking performance. Again, you'd not expect Toyota or any manufacturer to choose such an aggressive pad compound.... I know the Cayman GT4 has full ducting.

Tbh I'm probably splitting hairs on an issue thats not really evident on road cars, probably more when you dealing with track compounds etc :)
Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
I can't speak for the vipers ans vettes, but I should clarify. I mean full ducting all the way to the centre of brake rotor. Sometimes, depending on pad and rotors selection, you could end up in a situation on the street where the rotors would be too cool, and compromise braking performance. Again, you'd not expect Toyota or any manufacturer to choose such an aggressive pad compound.... I know the Cayman GT4 has full ducting.

Tbh I'm probably splitting hairs on an issue thats not really evident on road cars, probably more when you dealing with track compounds etc :)
Ah I totally understand race compounds and required heat for braking efficiency. However, in street application I don’t see the ducts keeping the brakes too cool. However having a car that has proper functioning features that can easily be taken to a track and accommodate aggressive compounds when needed.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Hasn't Tada san said the "vents" on the hood were there to provide down force? :dunno:

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you ever seen a black seal on the frame and not on the door at this location.
Would not there be an extraction hole for the current false wind?:hmm:
PAINT Jaune vent.png

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
Yes I think you are correct...

I think that extra door flap piece will be removed for a more aggressive opening like the concept.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes I think you are correct...

I think that extra door flap piece will be removed for a more aggressive opening like the concept.
Me when I saw that it reminded me of an old image on the internet of the supra.
Extra door flap piece will be removed and replace by little extra door flap piece.
burlappcar-toyota-supra-2018.jpg

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^Thats just a poorly photoshop of the FT1 in Hong Kong.
Yes, but the rendering resembles what we could get.
If they remouved the extra door flap piece there will be a gap between the door is the back allowing it to pass air.
A little little extra door flap piece to make the connection between the two.
I know it's not what i could expect but it's a serial car :dunno:

ForcedInduction

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘16 Accord Coupe v6
I know I’m being irrational, but I really want to be able to spec mine in BMW’s individual colors. Would love to see it done in Frosted Red, BRG, Yas Marina, Oxford Green, Santorini Blue, Daytona Violet, or Fire Orange.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My I like ac cobra blue with white bands :love:
With the blue choice by Toyota why not gray bands.:hmm:

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Yes, but the rendering resembles what we could get.
If they remouved the extra door flap piece there will be a gap between the door is the back allowing it to pass air.
A little little extra door flap piece to make the connection between the two.
I know it's not what i could expect but it's a serial car :dunno:
I think you are reading too much into this; it looks like plain old weather stripping to me. A70 already told us that its just a fake air vent panel to make the car look more like the FT1. Let's say for a moment that it is removable. What would they be cooling that high up? This isn't a mid-engine car.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think you are reading too much into this; it looks like plain old weather stripping to me. A70 already told us that its just a fake air vent panel to make the car look more like the FT1. Let's say for a moment that it is removable. What would they be cooling that high up? This isn't a mid-engine car.
The rear lateral aeration of the mk4 really served? only for the look one, the brake and aerodynamic .