• Total voters

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
The rear lateral aeration of the mk4 really served? only for the look one, the brake and aerodynamic .
On that car it was so much lower. Take a look again at how high it is on the A90. Its just slightly below the wheel arch.
Sponsored

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I think you may be right. It looks like its a strip to connect with the top portion of the door strip. All that could change by them replacing the lower side skirt and integrating a vent + putting a functional vent scoop on the door.

I think they'll make the front/rear bumpers + front fenders scoops functional. However, the doors may stay as is just for looks unless they are saving that for the debut by doing what I mentioned above.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I think you may be right. It looks like its a strip to connect with the top portion of the door strip. All that could change by them replacing the lower side skirt and integrating a vent + putting a functional vent scoop on the door.

I think they'll make the front/rear bumpers + front fenders scoops functional. However, the doors may stay as is just for looks unless they are saving that for the debut by doing what I mentioned above.
The threshold of door seems to duplicate three jump it seems really strange.
we would say a hunt covered by another external hull estetique doublet can be in connection with the rear of the car would be crazy no?

SS09ER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS13
Have you ever seen a black seal on the frame and not on the door at this location.
Would not there be an extraction hole for the current false wind?:hmm:
PAINT Jaune vent.png

Just when I though just maybe since the lower side skirt could be changed lol

upload_2018-5-4_12-3-1.png
But the vent at the door(not the seal at the body) of the yellow looks like it can actually be replaced compared to concept!maybe the seal hides something?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
wind noise isn't a big deal on a race car, plus weight savings :)

could also be to fix clearance as the door seal isn't all that thick on the upper portion when compared to the gap seen on the race car (with body seal removed).

Last edited:

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
That one definitely looks functional, but going back a few pages to the Goodwood car it definitely appears sealed up. Could be they made it functional just for the VLN car? Just shows though, even if they do come fake it should be easy enough to make them functional if desired.

Kaahari

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkiv -93
Vehicle Showcase
Those are listed in realoem as "air inlet finisher". I coudnt find other parts to support this opening, meaning where this passage goes. But main category is under "decor"...

There are different parts for front brake cooling from bumper side opening to wheelwell under "air ducts"

Could be that since realoem lists only std models and those are gr supra spesific parts

Last edited:

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Now I'm curious to see if the ones on the rear bumper work as well. :popcorn:

OP
OP
2JZ-No-Sh*t