Looking to obtain MY2024 in spring 2024

ryansb11

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra 45th Anniversary Edition-MT
I put my request in at a dealership in the Seattle area back around Valentine's Day 2023 and I'm still waiting for an allocation... I'll be expecting a 2024 version of the A91-MT. The dealership keeps reassuring me they will get me the car. I'm skeptical at this point. 6 months in without an allocation.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I put my request in at a dealership in the Seattle area back around Valentine's Day 2023 and I'm still waiting for an allocation... I'll be expecting a 2024 version of the A91-MT. The dealership keeps reassuring me they will get me the car. I'm skeptical at this point. 6 months in without an allocation.
6 months is nothing.

kevolution

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro, '18 Porsche Macan
Don't think they are doing an A91-MT. The only special edition they have is the 45th anniversary one.

As for the dealer adds, for sure the dealer could remove them if they wanted to but in these market conditions I think they're basically saying they're not going to remove them because someone will buy it with the dealer adds. I think 1-2K is reasonable assuming you get some value out of it and if every other dealer is doing markups. It's definitely reasonable if you can get a 2023 given the 2024 will be 2K higher MSRP without any substantial changes for MY2024.

-Golf-Addict-

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
06 Mazda 3. 23ā€™ Supra 3.0 P MT. ā€œItā€™s in the mailā€
crap my bad. I always use the wrong verbiage. I have an allocation. Iā€™m just curious what others experiences have been with similar trim, transmission, color as far as waiting Times. I already did non-refundable so Iā€™m just gonna let them handle it and assume it will take 1 year
I have been looking at one since it came out ā€˜ā€™with the manualā€™ā€™. Finally in June I was ready to buy, went to the dealer buy my house to order one and I was laughed at. Lol. So I called all the dealers in the state. Found a dealer 100 miles away That had an allocation. i put a deposit down on it the 2nd week of June. It left port in Austria Aug 9th. So I am expecting it to be here mid September. I got everything I wanted but the color. I wanted Absolute Zero but but got red. Which has grown on me. So from start to finish I am gonna say about 3 months wait.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
The thing that's frustrating me is that the only way I could even sit in one is if I place a $500 deposit. If I don't like the car, I get my money back. I do drive a virtual Supra in my XBOX's Forza Horizon 5, but that's not enough to blindly buy the car. :)
Another idea I have is that if I do "order" an allocation, I'd pick a color that I think is not too out of the ordinary, then have the car wrapped to whatever color I want. There is a local dealership that is selling at MSRP, so that's where I'd place the deposit. This would be for an automatic, as I already have a Miata with 6-speed manual and power retracting hardtop.

Obsidian

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang GT
The thing that's frustrating me is that the only way I could even sit in one is if I place a $500 deposit. If I don't like the car, I get my money back. I do drive a virtual Supra in my XBOX's Forza Horizon 5, but that's not enough to blindly buy the car. :)
Another idea I have is that if I do "order" an allocation, I'd pick a color that I think is not too out of the ordinary, then have the car wrapped to whatever color I want. There is a local dealership that is selling at MSRP, so that's where I'd place the deposit. This would be for an automatic, as I already have a Miata with 6-speed manual and power retracting hardtop.
Go test drive a used one even a 2.0 if thatā€™s all there is. Surely there has to be one somewhat close by

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
About 3-4 weeks ago there was one used 2.0 but that one was sold. There is a guy renting one on turo.com but it's in an area where I wouldn't want to leave my other car.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
About 3-4 weeks ago there was one used 2.0 but that one was sold. There is a guy renting one on turo.com but it's in an area where I wouldn't want to leave my other car.
Keep an eye out for used Supras at local carmax dealers by searching carmax.com. Once one pops up you can schedule a test drive online and itā€™ll reserve the car for you so itā€™ll be there when you arrive. No deposit or other BS required. No obligation or pressure to buy. They donā€™t care.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good idea, thanks!
Sponsored