Looking to obtain MY2024 in spring 2024

armenh7

First Name
Armen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Turbo E46
Smart right now. The market is fucked. My usual advice is put down as little as possible and pay 2% forever and invest your money in other places (a paid off car is a stupid thing to do, typically). But now.. shit.. yeah. Dump a down payment and see what happens in the next year+, refinance later.
Does it make sense even though there are HYSA offering >4% APY?
Sponsored

TomsMKV

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra - Nitro Yellow
I received a phone call yesterday from my dealership and I was told an absolute white manual is coming first or the second week of june. They asked if I am interested. I pulled the trigger and going for it. I originally made a deposit a month ago for c u gray limited edition manual supra. After I made my research, it is almost impossible to get a limited one for 23 my. Since it is the beginning of summer in Toronto in june, I will have enough time to drive the car before winter hits back. So, I am very happy to get a manual supra just after a month of the deposit I made. Anyone who is waiting for his/her supra, hope you get it soon!
Congrats! I got a call back in March for a MT as it was a colour 2 other people in front of me that did not want it. So it looks like this allocation will be on the same ship as yours, coming in mid June. I am in GTA as well.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I received a phone call yesterday from my dealership and I was told an absolute white manual is coming first or the second week of june. They asked if I am interested. I pulled the trigger and going for it. I originally made a deposit a month ago for c u gray limited edition manual supra. After I made my research, it is almost impossible to get a limited one for 23 my. Since it is the beginning of summer in Toronto in june, I will have enough time to drive the car before winter hits back. So, I am very happy to get a manual supra just after a month of the deposit I made. Anyone who is waiting for his/her supra, hope you get it soon!
Superb luck and nice development of events. Have a good fun car summer!!

kevolution

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro, '18 Porsche Macan
Does it make sense even though there are HYSA offering >4% APY?
You gotta realize that a car loan is amortized (bigger interest payment initially, less equity) while HYSA is simple interest, so unless you're doing to hold on to the car for the entire duration of the loan and rates stay over 4% on HYSA during the duration of the loan (which it likely won't), then you're likely better off paying more down payment or just buying it outright.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
You gotta realize that a car loan is amortized (bigger interest payment initially, less equity) while HYSA is simple interest, so unless you're doing to hold on to the car for the entire duration of the loan and rates stay over 4% on HYSA during the duration of the loan (which it likely won't), then you're likely better off paying more down payment or just buying it outright.
Home or car, paying more $$$ in the beginning is paramount. Itā€™ll shorten his term by paying down the principal quicker, less interest over the course of the loan & ultimately less for the car. If it helps @Digitalprty

https://www.amortization-calc.com/auto-car-loan-calculator/

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Ordered mine in July. Whatā€™s the expected wait time for ā€˜24s to arrive?
Is that even possible for a dealer in the US to order one direct from Toyota?

If you get board you should do a zip code search on the Toyota website and find a black one incoming and deal with that specific dealer. Donā€™t be surprised when you beat the sales person to the punch. Lots of times they donā€™t know itā€™s incoming when you do it that way. So they get to be the 1st salesperson to ask the manager to sell that car at MSRP. Otherwise youā€™re further down the list asking for that same car = greater chance of dealer markup. Does that make sense?

wavy warrior

First Name
Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Walk
Is that even possible for a dealer in the US to order one direct from Toyota?

If you get board you should do a zip code search on the Toyota website and find a black one incoming and deal with that specific dealer. Donā€™t be surprised when you beat the sales person to the punch. Lots of times they donā€™t know itā€™s incoming when you do it that way. So they get to be the 1st salesperson to ask the manager to sell that car at MSRP. Otherwise youā€™re further down the list asking for that same car = greater chance of dealer markup. Does that make sense?
crap my bad. I always use the wrong verbiage. I have an allocation. Iā€™m just curious what others experiences have been with similar trim, transmission, color as far as waiting Times. I already did non-refundable so Iā€™m just gonna let them handle it and assume it will take 1 year

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
crap my bad. I always use the wrong verbiage. I have an allocation. Iā€™m just curious what others experiences have been with similar trim, transmission, color as far as waiting Times. I already did non-refundable so Iā€™m just gonna let them handle it and assume it will take 1 year
An allocation would mean there's actually a car with a VIN being built that will eventually ship to the dealer. If all you've done is put down a deposit with trim and preferences you're just on a waiting list.

Assuming you don't have an actual allocation at this stage I think it's hard to say how long it will take. Dealer volume, trim, and obviously transmission will be a big factor. Then there's also the fact that Toyota looks to have cut production in half thus far this year. Maybe it'll pick back up for MY 2024, but I doubt it.

wavy warrior

First Name
Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Walk
An allocation would mean there's actually a car with a VIN being built that will eventually ship to the dealer. If all you've done is put down a deposit with trim and preferences you're just on a waiting list.

Assuming you don't have an actual allocation at this stage I think it's hard to say how long it will take. Dealer volume, trim, and obviously transmission will be a big factor. Then there's also the fact that Toyota looks to have cut production in half thus far this year. Maybe it'll pick back up for MY 2024, but I doubt it.
Yeah I'm on a waitlist at the moment. I'm not too picky besides selecting 1 color and automatic transmission. I heard some people also select interior color as well.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah I'm on a waitlist at the moment. I'm not too picky besides selecting 1 color and automatic transmission. I heard some people also select interior color as well.
Yeah, in that case the one color and number of allocations the dealer tends to get will probably be the determining factor for you.

I decided to hedge my bets by getting on the waiting list at four different dealers (anyone that says that's unethical can go kick rocks). Three of those requiring a refundable deposit.

Anyway. Best of luck to you! The fact that you're okay with a year wait at least probably means you won't be disappointed :)

wavy warrior

First Name
Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Walk
Yeah, in that case the one color and number of allocations the dealer tends to get will probably be the determining factor for you.

I decided to hedge my bets by getting on the waiting list at four different dealers (anyone that says that's unethical can go kick rocks). Three of those requiring a refundable deposit.

Anyway. Best of luck to you! The fact that you're okay with a year wait at least probably means you won't be disappointed :)
is it a possibility I will not get the car at all? The dealership I provided earnest money for (non refundable) only has 4 on the waitlist. 2 manual 2 automatic in which Iā€™m ā€œsecond placeā€ for AT in black and possibly white. I may reach out to other dealerships if Iā€™m unlikely to EVER receive a car.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
is it a possibility I will not get the car at all? The dealership I provided earnest money for (non refundable) only has 4 on the waitlist. 2 manual 2 automatic in which Iā€™m ā€œsecond placeā€ for AT in black and possibly white. I may reach out to other dealerships if Iā€™m unlikely to EVER receive a car.
You should put your name down elsewhere now. If this dealer you are working with now doesn't get one because of production by the time you find out other dealers will also probably not get many either. If you want one go put your name down and not wait.

wavy warrior

First Name
Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Walk
You should put your name down elsewhere now. If this dealer you are working with now doesn't get one because of production by the time you find out other dealers will also probably not get many either. If you want one go put your name down and not wait.
Gotcha. Thanks!
Sponsored