Lost Exhaust Noises

pr0jekt_cha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Picked up my new 2021 home yesterday. While I was out driving last night and was messing with some settings. I went in to the Driver Profiles and changed from the "guest off" to Profile 1. When I did this it was like the car got quiet. In sport mode, it's just not popping and gurgling anymore. I double checked the sport mode settings and they are all on Sport. It's like the valves aren't opening anymore. If I enable Sport Mode sometimes I hear the valves open and sometimes not. It just simply seems tamed now.

Am I missing something. Even my wife noticed he difference.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I feel like it'll auto correct itself after few restarts.

If not, toggle manual open via BimmerLink and toggle back to auto.. not Code, Link

OP
OP
pr0jekt_cha0s

pr0jekt_cha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah very odd. It instantly changed when I changed that profile.

OP
OP
pr0jekt_cha0s

pr0jekt_cha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just to verify, the Bimmerlink app for iOS that is $32. Making sure itā€™s the correct app before purchasing.

rev000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction
Just to verify, the Bimmerlink app for iOS that is $32. Making sure itā€™s the correct app before purchasing.
bimmercode and yea it was like 30 dollars

Value

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
What are you guys using for a IOS adapter? Found a few options but havenā€™t bought one yet

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
bimmercode and yea it was like 30 dollars
BimmerLink $23.31 on Android
BimmerCode $38.99 on Android when I bought them..

OP
OP
pr0jekt_cha0s

pr0jekt_cha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well, the saga continues. Went out this morning and started up the Supra. Tried to back up and the car stalled. Started back up and did the same thing. Idled rough and wouldn't move. Can't rev it up at all either. When it starts it seems fine then goes sour quick.

Messing around a bit, I disable the VSC and the car was happy again. I already contacted the dealer which said to bring it over immediately or they would send a tow truck. I was able to drive to the dealer. Restarting the car at this point was just fine.

So something is wrong, obviously, but now I know I'm not crazy that it was acting differently. See how long it takes to fix my 2 day old car. ?

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Well, the saga continues. Went out this morning and started up the Supra. Tried to back up and the car stalled. Started back up and did the same thing. Idled rough and wouldn't move. Can't rev it up at all either. When it starts it seems fine then goes sour quick.

Messing around a bit, I disable the VSC and the car was happy again. I already contacted the dealer which said to bring it over immediately or they would send a tow truck. I was able to drive to the dealer. Restarting the car at this point was just fine.

So something is wrong, obviously, but now I know I'm not crazy that it was acting differently. See how long it takes to fix my 2 day old car. ?
There was another owner that reported the same issues of no revving and his ecu was changed but it returned.
Let me see if I can dig it up.
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/wouldnt-rev-after-starting.6460/
Basically it was purchased back by toyoyta if my memory serves me well, so there seems to be a definite bug with some electronic gremlins.
@KillxPoint

OP
OP
pr0jekt_cha0s

pr0jekt_cha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
THat's exactly the same issue. I'm reading through that thread now. The service manager just called and told that it was the start/stop feature. Argh

OP
OP
pr0jekt_cha0s

pr0jekt_cha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you disable VSC, it goes back to normal. It's like stability control is kicking in to kill the power.

OP
OP
pr0jekt_cha0s

pr0jekt_cha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wanted to check back in. My Supra remains very tame. No pops or gurgles on overruns. The dealer doesn't see anything wrong. It's like sport mode doesn't do much. I mean it does change the shifting but sometimes I don't even hear the valve open.
Sponsored