Lotus Emira

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Since the Supra is paid off, I recently locked in the Emira (4 banger) at MSRP. I recommend everyone do it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Since the Supra is paid off, I recently locked in the Emira (4 banger) at MSRP. I recommend everyone do it.
Not yet. I'm still looking at the Cayman GT4, I'm waiting to see what the GRMN Supra is going to do, and I want to see more colors for the Emira. I'm liking the model, but the color selection is crap so far.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Having owned an Evora and an Elise, I'll definitely own one of them someday. Those are two cars I really regret selling.
I looked at two used Elises before I bought the Supra. The Elise is my dream machine. Both the Lotus's had about 30,000 miles. I backed out of both deals. I got nervous about repair costs. The Supra is my first new car ever.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Not yet. I'm still looking at the Cayman GT4, I'm waiting to see what the GRMN Supra is going to do, and I want to see more colors for the Emira. I'm liking the model, but the color selection is crap so far.
We are exact twins in thoughts.....

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I looked at two used Elises before I bought the Supra. The Elise is my dream machine. Both the Lotus's had about 30,000 miles. I backed out of both deals. I got nervous about repair costs. The Supra is my first new car ever.
Unless you mess up the bodywork and don't know how to repair fiberglass, or you crunch the chassis (and then you are screwed) it's actually crazy cheap to work on. You can find an engine for under $2k, and it's easy to do all the work yourself.

Of course that was 10 years ago when I looked last. Things might have changed.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Honestly, anything in the 90’s and I think the Z06 is a more compelling package.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Honestly, anything in the 90’s and I think the Z06 is a more compelling package.
Production line Vette vs More 'handbuilt' unique custom Lotus. Having owned 3 different Esprit Turbos - there is one way to order this: V6/Manual/Yellow or Green(verdant) and go. No options. Just the base car with manual. I wouldnt think of owning the 4 as good as that motor is. This car will hold insane inherent value as the V6 manual = last true ICE car from Lotus - heritage of the manual and rarity. The 4 will be fun unique and utterly less collectable. If you going Emira spend the 20k and get V6 manual or dont bother. It will bring the pure driving experience a Lotus has an image for and simply a better inherent value. Sell a bit more Crypto-coin and go all in.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Production line Vette vs More 'handbuilt' unique custom Lotus. Having owned 3 different Esprit Turbos - there is one way to order this: V6/Manual/Yellow or Green(verdant) and go. No options. Just the base car with manual. I wouldnt think of owning the 4 as good as that motor is. This car will hold insane inherent value as the V6 manual = last true ICE car from Lotus - heritage of the manual and rarity. The 4 will be fun unique and utterly less collectable. If you going Emira spend the 20k and get V6 manual or dont bother. It will bring the pure driving experience a Lotus has an image for and simply a better inherent value. Sell a bit more Crypto-coin and go all in.
Yeah, I get it. The numbers Seem to point to the Z06 as better…..I do suspect that the Lotus will feel more raw and rewarding to drive. The C8 is more a GT car but the Z06 should be more edgy. The size is better too on the Lotus.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Yeah, I get it. The numbers Seem to point to the Z06 as better…..I do suspect that the Lotus will feel more raw and rewarding to drive. The C8 is more a GT car but the Z06 should be more edgy. The size is better too on the Lotus.
Good point about size. I have no intention to own a large GT sportscar. The higher powered limited Mustangs, Astons, etc are just GT's. Will be interesting to see the interpretations of the ZO6 in testers hands and true racer/drivers such as Pobst.
Sponsored