ag_supra

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra (SOLD), 2018 BMW 340i xDrive 6MT
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some lowering springs that will function well for daily driving as well as 1-3 track days per year. Right now I am leaning toward the Eibach Pro-Kit, as it includes replacement bump stops. After looking at spring rates, the Eibach rear spring rate does seem pretty firm, though.

Does anyone have any input on this?

PFA

MicrosoftTeams-image (5).jpg
Sponsored

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
HKS springs at stock height are you best option. Eibach is not very good. Supras don't like being lowered on track w/o the supplimental mods. HKS springs will remove the larger spring perch and allow a 18x10.5/7 wheel squared setup to be ran utilizing say a 275/285/295 sized tire.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Swift appears to be the firmest and was supposedly track tested along with the OEM dampers. From what other folks have posted here, the Eibachs are too soft and can cause rubbing on OEM dampers.

OP
OP
ag_supra

ag_supra

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Swift appears to be the firmest and was supposedly track tested along with the OEM dampers. From what other folks have posted here, the Eibachs are too soft and can cause rubbing on OEM dampers.
Do you know if I would need to modify the stock bump stops in order to properly run the Swift Springs? I do like and appreciate how they were tested with factory dampers in mind.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you know if I would need to modify the stock bump stops in order to properly run the Swift Springs? I do like and appreciate how they were tested with factory dampers in mind.
I reached out to Swift Japan and Swift USA and obtained the same answer - "no".

"they were designed to work exactly with the OEM dampers and bump stops".

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra Phantom
You can modify them but itā€™s not needed

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are you running Swift Springs? Any photos or feedback or advice?
Yes I am. I think the drop is perfect but definitely much stiffer than stock. I daily my car and I think the ride quality is still comfortable. I didnā€™t modify the bump stops but have spoken to others that have
BF0986A6-AF36-4BCC-8C6C-D7DD7ABE8DB8.jpeg

CE7E16B5-2ADE-41BB-92D5-6C83E43B910A.jpeg

OP
OP
ag_supra

ag_supra

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for posting the photos - your car looks awesome.

Do you have any issues with them? - e.g. rubbing, hitting the bump stops often, etc.

There are a lot of lowering spring options out there and it's almost a struggle with so many options. I just want to do my research as best as I can.

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for posting the photos - your car looks awesome.

Do you have any issues with them? - e.g. rubbing, hitting the bump stops often, etc.

There are a lot of lowering spring options out there and it's almost a struggle with so many options. I just want to do my research as best as I can.
Nope not at all. Only rubs in the rear rarely when going too fast on sudden highway dips (around 85 mph). I have an issue with the the springs not being in contact with the strut mounts only when I jack up the car. But this is from me trying to install them the shortcut method. This doesnā€™t effect the ride at all, itā€™s just something that bugs me and when I lower the car back down, everything aligns back to normal

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Just remember that the lowering springs are going to negatively affect your performance at the racetrack. Not a big deal, of course, as long you're not as competitive as some of us may or may not be ...

šŸ˜

... But also keep in mind if you get hooked you will end up this way. LOL

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just remember that the lowering springs are going to negatively affect your performance at the racetrack. Not a big deal, of course, as long you're not as competitive as some of us may or may not be ...

šŸ˜

... But also keep in mind if you get hooked you will end up this way. LOL
If you are on OEM tires, maybe.

One should put on a stickier tire to help with the now stiffer springs if you are going to track the car.

I was not a fan of how the car bobbed up and down during breaking/acceleration

OP
OP
ag_supra

ag_supra

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

One should put on a stickier tire to help with the now stiffer springs if you are going to track the car.

The current plan would be to run lowering springs and all seasons throughout the year since the car is my daily driver. Currently, my go-to is the Continental DWS06+.

I have an extra set of OEM wheels sitting in my basement that I will put some 200-treadwear tires on and I can swap them at the track.

Should I be worried about the lowering springs + all-season tire combo for daily driving?

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The current plan would be to run lowering springs and all seasons throughout the year since the car is my daily driver. Currently, my go-to is the Continental DWS06+.

I have an extra set of OEM wheels sitting in my basement that I will put some 200-treadwear tires on and I can swap them at the track.

Should I be worried about the lowering springs + all-season tire combo for daily driving?
Not for daily driving - no. It will just be easier to get sideways in them if you want to.

You should see about getting an 18" wheel for the track...cheaper tires and lighter than OEM wheels. Look at Enkei wheels or OZ wheels - I think they are forged and priced well, but check me on that.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra

Stiffer springs are fine if the rest of the car is built around them. Lowering the car is not. It throws off the suspension geometry, and these cars do not like that.
It will be slower.
Sponsored