MHD Flasher For 2020+ A90 Supra Discussion

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
Start with e30 first since that's what the tune was designed for. Then if you want. You can spike it a bit more just log the car and keep an eye on rail pressure
MHD works only with Android, correct?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
MHD works only with Android, correct?
yes currently, but iOS is in its final testing phases. we've been testing iOS for months

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We are working on getting Stock stateside for everyone. As soon as we do, we will announce and post the link to purchase. Should honestly be any day.

replied

Yes, the B58 in the Supra got the updated pump luckily. its a 5000psi pump whereas prior revisions were a lower flowing 3000psi pump that was not sufficient at running more than E40 on decent stock turbo boost. Full E85 is doable, we've run it in our shop car while it was stock turbo. Running the car hard (talking bone bone stock) its doable. weve made 500whp on stock turbo with enough octane.

Over the water they rate in BHP not WHP typically. But we can make some good power on stock turbo with the stock fuel system. We are testing the limits of it. Currently our shop car has PS2 upgrade. and were running E40 at 23psi right now. we will keep testing the limits.

Yes, E85 wears on the pump, we recommend running a tank of 93 through the system every couple of tanks of E85.
So if you get an MHD with an e85 tune, which is what I want, does it also come with a 91 (California) octane tune to be able to run the occasional tank of e10?

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
So if you get an MHD with an e85 tune, which is what I want, does it also come with a 91 (California) octane tune to be able to run the occasional tank of e10?
extra maps are $50 each after the first one. at least from me and my custom tune services.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When do you expect the iphone version to be available? I do have an Android tablet but I'd rather not carry that around in the car.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As far as e85 and lubrication, what about regularly adding Lucas Fuel Treatment instead of intermittent tanks of 91?

Fast_Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Premium, 2005 Evo VIII
Vehicle Showcase
I used to add top end lube to my E85 when I had my evo... still didn't mitigate the gunk on injectors as it was precipitated on the tip during lower load cruising... I have no experience with DI and E85, so not sure if it is a problem or not

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
On my Shelby converting to flex fuel was simply a tune flash but the Supra would require additional hardware, correct?

Ryco

First Name
Darsiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV Premium & 2014 Scion FRS
I am having a issue and hoping somebody here with the MHD WiFi adapter can help me with. Yesterday I installed my catless down pipe and I tried to tune the car with a OTS tune from MHD. I followed all the steps that were recommend, but when I try to flash my ecu I always get the same two error message "Failed to authenticate" and "failed to write to ECU". I tried multiple times and still received the same error until I finally just said screw it and drove home.

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
Never had this problem.
I guess you are running the F+G version of the MHD software (there are two versions, make sure you got the correct one).

Otherwise, the procedure is as follows:
1. Hook up battery charger (not required but recommended in case you not daily your ride)
2. Get in the car and close the doors
3. Plug in the MHD wireless adapter
4. Press the 'start-button' 3 times quickly after each other to get into 'diagnostic' mode
5. Turn off the headlights & radio
6. Phone in airplane mode, make sure MHD isn't already open.
7. Open the MHD app
8. Start flash and don't touch anything until it's complete.

Do not open any doors (as it will turn ignition off) and do not touch any buttons

Ryco

First Name
Darsiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV Premium & 2014 Scion FRS
Never had this problem.
I guess you are running the F+G version of the MHD software (there are two versions, make sure you got the correct one).

Otherwise, the procedure is as follows:
1. Hook up battery charger (not required but recommended in case you not daily your ride)
2. Get in the car and close the doors
3. Plug in the MHD wireless adapter
4. Press the 'start-button' 3 times quickly after each other to get into 'diagnostic' mode
5. Turn off the headlights & radio
6. Phone in airplane mode, make sure MHD isn't already open.
7. Open the MHD app
8. Start flash and don't touch anything until it's complete.

Do not open any doors (as it will turn ignition off) and do not touch any buttons
well there goes my issue i think. I didnt press the start button 3 times. Didn't know i had to do that.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I placed my order with Twisted Tuning for stock everything and 91. I also bought a second tune and plan to run e85 as my primary map. Once I go through the datalogging process on 91 and it is dialed in will I have to datalog again to run e85?

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
When do you expect the iphone version to be available? I do have an Android tablet but I'd rather not carry that around in the car.
iOS, is literally just about release. Let me check with them and see if anything has changed.

As far as e85 and lubrication, what about regularly adding Lucas Fuel Treatment instead of intermittent tanks of 91?
what i have normally done is add top end lube every couple tanks of ethanol to help add lubricity to the fuel. or at a minimum rune a tank of 93 through the system every few tanks of ethanol. This helps slow the wear on parts due to the lowered lubricity of alcohol fuels.

I used to add top end lube to my E85 when I had my evo... still didn't mitigate the gunk on injectors as it was precipitated on the tip during lower load cruising... I have no experience with DI and E85, so not sure if it is a problem or not
its a little better suited on DI engines due to some of the SS lines and etc. also, the Evo was out before the big bang of Ethanol fuels. most manufacturers have updated most of their fuel systems to support ethanol with minimal black death passage.

On my Shelby converting to flex fuel was simply a tune flash but the Supra would require additional hardware, correct?
Shelbys, as with most fords nowadays iirc, are equipped with Flex logic from the OEM. So that is why you could do that on the Shelby. For flex on the supra, you will need my kit. That way when we catch up software wise on Ecutek and MHD, you can tie it in and its all married via the factory ECU on Canbus. Set it and forget it!!

I am having a issue and hoping somebody here with the MHD WiFi adapter can help me with. Yesterday I installed my catless down pipe and I tried to tune the car with a OTS tune from MHD. I followed all the steps that were recommend, but when I try to flash my ecu I always get the same two error message "Failed to authenticate" and "failed to write to ECU". I tried multiple times and still received the same error until I finally just said screw it and drove home.
well there goes my issue i think. I didnt press the start button 3 times. Didn't know i had to do that.
several owners have done this. Dont feel bad. Just remember anyone reading this. For flashing the car must be put into "Diagnostic mode" IE- ignition on Engine off. And this requires 3 quick presses of the Start button within 3 seconds. entire dash will light up. If its not, then you know you're not in the correct mode.

I placed my order with Twisted Tuning for stock everything and 91. I also bought a second tune and plan to run e85 as my primary map. Once I go through the datalogging process on 91 and it is dialed in will I have to datalog again to run e85?
For the switch of 91 to e85, i can generally make adjustmentsoff one. The reason for logs on both are simply sanity checks to make sure the car runs proper and is happy on both. and to gradually see where the car is not happy so it can be dialed back. Logging is not only for me as the tuner. But for you as the owner to be able to look at your engine information and see if anything is out of sorts. Granted, owners may not understand what everything in a log means, but thats what me the tuner is for. To bounce any questions off of.

These are ALL the same cars and engines, but some will respond differently to the exact same tune. Thats where custom tunes come into play to maximize gains and safety on an individual level.
Sponsored