More responsiveness

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
So I’m trying to decide on which direction to go for a street driven car to gain more turn in responsiveness.

what is the most effective route?

springs, sways, lower control arms with alignment? Can an alignment with stock suspension do it?
Sponsored

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Alignment first before you go changing everything else. Adjusting toe will have a huge impact on this - from there it’s how weight is transferred and the supporting mods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is there a spec sheet or list of specs on the forum of what I should give the shop?

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Is there a spec sheet or list of specs on the forum of what I should give the shop?
There are some threads on here with specs but they are track oriented (on mobile or Id dig them up). For street I run zero toe front & 2mm total positive in rear, but if it were tracked more Id target 1/8th or 1/16th total negative in front and zero in the rear. Hopefully some others chime in with what works for them on the street.

Coming from the factory alignment, simply zeroing out that front toe is going to feel like a whole new car.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
There are some threads on here with specs but they are track oriented (on mobile or Id dig them up). For street I run zero toe front & 2mm total positive in rear, but if it were tracked more Id target 1/8th or 1/16th total negative in front and zero in the rear. Hopefully some others chime in with what works for them on the street.

Coming from the factory alignment, simply zeroing out that front toe is going to feel like a whole new car.
This is exactly what I run on the street (1/16 toe at the rear)...
Cars a little twitchy but nothing you wouldn't get use to...just be mindful of your steering inputs...

Steve

Edit..
Toe in the front gives better response...
Toe in the rear is for straight line stability...

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
So I’m trying to decide on which direction to go for a street driven car to gain more turn in responsiveness.

what is the most effective route?

springs, sways, lower control arms with alignment? Can an alignment with stock suspension do it?
Toe out. Toe out in the front will make the car turn in quicker since the wheel is already pointed towards the outside of the car. It'll also increase tire wear though.
Toe out in the rear will make the car want to oversteer quicker. So I set my cars up with toe out in front, and toe in or neutral toe in the back.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Toe out. Toe out in the front will make the car turn in quicker since the wheel is already pointed towards the outside of the car. It'll also increase tire wear though.
Toe out in the rear will make the car want to oversteer quicker. So I set my cars up with toe out in front, and toe in or neutral toe in the back.
This set up is great for the track but makes the car VERY skittish (darty)on public roads..

Steve

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Agree on doing the alignment first. I've always thought our cars had excellent turn-in - never felt dull to me. Are you driving in Comfort or Sport? The latter which will make a difference on how the turn-in feels.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sport. But coming from a brz, the brz is just way quicker. It’s lighter.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Sport. But coming from a brz, the brz is just way quicker. It’s lighter.
Yeah, I can see that. In theory, going with SPL components in the front end will make the car have sharper turn-in. It's expensive. I know we have a comrade (or two) on here who has done it that can probably chime in about the cost and how it feels. I did this on a GTI VR6 and it made a sizeable difference.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had a vr6. Best sounding engine I ever had. Especially once I put an exhaust on it.
Sponsored