First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
Happy New Year everyone! I recently installed the MST Air Intake on my A91 Edition, and did a video showing it. While my video is like so many others that don't do justice to the increased turbo and blowoff noises you get with this system, I will try to get a better mic in the car for some drives coming up to share those with you as well. If you like the videos I've been posting, please consider hitting the subscribe button!

Sponsored

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
Nice video! Any increase in power based on the ole butt dyno?

Danno

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2017 Tacoma TRD pro
Loving your videos!

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2023 F150 Tremor
Thanks for the video. I recently used it to install my v2.

My notes:
  • I used some channel locks to grip and remove the breather hose with no issues (I heard that many people have trouble with that hose, so I bought a replacement in advance but didn't need it due to the ease of removal with the channel locks).
  • Good tip on just unclipping the C clip and not messing with the 'one-time-use clamp'. I used a flat head to pop off the c-clip and removed the inlet pipe and intake pipe all in one go. No need to mess with the non-reusable clamp.
  • I had to source my own hardware to bolt the heat shield to the car (example attached). The provided bolt was not long enough to thread the nut along with the included washers. I used M10-1.25 x 40mm bolts and two washer I had that fit (all class 10.9).
    IMG_0345.jpg

My question:
  • I found some oil in the stock intake. Anyone know if this is a normal or abnormal amount?
    IMG_0344.jpg

raiu

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Supra, 2018 WRX STI
Happy New Year everyone! I recently installed the MST Air Intake on my A91 Edition, and did a video showing it. While my video is like so many others that don't do justice to the increased turbo and blowoff noises you get with this system, I will try to get a better mic in the car for some drives coming up to share those with you as well. If you like the videos I've been posting, please consider hitting the subscribe button!

My MST v2 has a hard inlet (not a silicone one). If the weird clamp on the inlet clicks into the turbo, does that mean it's securely on?