chenqiju

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda
After a entire month of fixing my trunk:
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/trunk-door-not-opening.8601/

I finally got it fixed today.

However, after I finished my dinner, I found my car got hit on the front spoiler and of course the jerk has long gone. ?
IMG_20210525_190113.jpg

Luckily that part was only plastic and only has a light scratch on the paint. I just got a ceramic coating so I doubt it hurts the paint too much(hurts my heart a lot...). I was able to bend it and put it back, isn't perfect but holds:
IMG_20210525_225821.jpg

IMG_20210525_231146.jpg

I am looking for good suggestion about if I should replace it either on my own or by Toyota or anyone. Or I should just leave it as it is. The part seems like only costing 40ish bucks but not sure if I can manage to replace it. Anyone with experience?

Also when I was fixing the trunk the made a big gap and the car couldn't detect it as closed and keep giving me error:
IMG_20210525_231600.jpg

The technician told me he left the gap to 'protect'(?) the light and the error would be gone after it's fixed. Absolutely NOT!!!!

Got tired dealing with them and I guess I would to a different maintenance to check this problem. Wasted too much time on them, since they broke the part when fixing it the first time and spent 3 weeks waiting for the part.

I have spent too much time on fixing things in two months. I guess everyone has troubles getting their first nice car?
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
That’s some bad luck, I would take your car to a different place to get the hatch fixed. That gap is unacceptable!

You can replace the black splitter section fairly cheap. The bumper will need to be repainted to fix the scratches. $$

-RJM

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
it looks like someone got too close to your car and stepped on the front lip without noticing (or maybe lower part of a shopping cart).... I don't see how another car could have done that damage without hitting the bumper first.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Bumper side lips are so easy to install. There are few push-pins underneath that you can easily detach, then pull on them to remove. reverse repeat..
Middle one has a tab on the inner portion of the bumper, so it's either take out bumper (which is also super easy) or try to pry the 2 tabs. Don't break 'em.
20191006_060023_edit - Copy.jpg

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
After a entire month of fixing my trunk:
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/trunk-door-not-opening.8601/

I finally got it fixed today.

However, after I finished my dinner, I found my car got hit on the front spoiler and of course the jerk has long gone. ?
IMG_20210525_190113.jpg

Luckily that part was only plastic and only has a light scratch on the paint. I just got a ceramic coating so I doubt it hurts the paint too much(hurts my heart a lot...). I was able to bend it and put it back, isn't perfect but holds:
IMG_20210525_225821.jpg

IMG_20210525_231146.jpg

I am looking for good suggestion about if I should replace it either on my own or by Toyota or anyone. Or I should just leave it as it is. The part seems like only costing 40ish bucks but not sure if I can manage to replace it. Anyone with experience?

Also when I was fixing the trunk the made a big gap and the car couldn't detect it as closed and keep giving me error:
IMG_20210525_231600.jpg

The technician told me he left the gap to 'protect'(?) the light and the error would be gone after it's fixed. Absolutely NOT!!!!

Got tired dealing with them and I guess I would to a different maintenance to check this problem. Wasted too much time on them, since they broke the part when fixing it the first time and spent 3 weeks waiting for the part.

I have spent too much time on fixing things in two months. I guess everyone has troubles getting their first nice car?
For the trunk issue, did you take it into Toyota or BMW for a fix, or a 3rd party mechanic?

OP
OP
chenqiju

chenqiju

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda
it looks like someone got too close to your car and stepped on the front lip without noticing (or maybe lower part of a shopping cart).... I don't see how another car could have done that damage without hitting the bumper first.
I think the person was turning into the parking and scratched the corner just by a little bit.

OP
OP
chenqiju

chenqiju

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda
Isn't that gap just adjusting the rubber stops? Just tighten them down a little bit.
The lip got twisted and it doesn't fit perfectly so I would need a new one. Probably a chance to get a carbon fiber lip:p

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
I think the others cars tire caught your splitter while turning and pulled it out from the bumper. It's really low for a fender to catch it, or a punk kid put his weight on it using his foot.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Man that is some horrible luck. I hope someone didn't step on it on purpose. I'm having a hard time picturing a tire hitting it without damage done to more of the car. That doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

I had a dent put into my driver's door when I was inside a gas station. I didn't notice it till I got to my friend's house and he's like what happened to your door. So now the only time the car leaves my sight is when it's parked in my garage.

OP
OP
chenqiju

chenqiju

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda
Thanks, I'm taking mine in for a similar fix tomorrow.
Just tell them not to break more parts to fix one part.... The wait is long since it's from BMW and BMW probably don't give a crap.

The technician said it's the emergency handle causing the problem. That handle is extremely easy to get loose and hooked onto something. When you open the trunk it tangled and we are screwed

So it's actually necessary to tape it to prevent it from happening
Sponsored