New (and old) SupraMKV members say hello!

supraz4

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 BMW i3, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Hello everyone!

Another lurker finally joining here.
I'm probably one of the very few minority that actually likes the joint venture between Toyota and BMW, and they are using this platform to bring two of my favorite cars, the Supra and the Z4.

I had a 2003 E85 Z4 3.0i and loved it so much. And I always loved MKIV Supra when I was younger in Gran Turismo 2 and there after.

I am planning on getting the Supra few years after the release, and also possibly getting the Z4 as well in the future.

I've had a lot of cars in the past and have a bad habit of switching cars too often...
But I have a feeling that the Supra will stay in my stable for a very long time.
Sponsored

HcNine-Six

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16ā€™ Scion tC 94ā€™ Supra 00ā€™ Lexus LS400
Probably sound like a broken record - Another lurker joining, ha! Been following the forum for quite some time now.

Have a 94, originally NA, 5spd MK4 Iā€™ve been working on for awhile now. Daily drive my little 16ā€™ Scion tC 6spd.

Currently work on a new tech team for both Toyota and Lexus. Big fan of the brand, always have been. Despite a lot of concern for the MK5 Iā€™m really excited to see in general where Toyota is going with bringing the excitement back to their cars. But still holding high hopes for the MK5.

:)

Cheers!

upload_2018-8-21_14-47-54.png

upload_2018-8-21_14-48-12.png

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hello Everyone,

Newbie joining in as well. Always was fascinated with Supra's, but never had the chance to actually own one.
I drive a MY13 FRS M/T for the past 6 years now. I do love the collaborative idea and the designs they come up with for FRS/BRZ, 124/MX5, etc.
For sure they are niche vehicles and especially with fuel economy being where it is, difficult for one company to shoulder all the R&D / testing costs. I haven't ventured too much in detail for 124/MX5, but from other experiences, they seem to be doing many things right, but then some mastermind decides, let's leave people hanging or no mo money. sales number look no good. or just a simple lack of a long-term plan and getting approval from chief engineers, upper management...
Maybe it's a good thing Z4 will be released earlier than Supra. They could get some feedback and further improve Supra.
With my head focused on the Supra, I'm not looking into buying a Z4. As good as it looks and surely drives, I'm not a huge fan of cabrios.
Contacted 7 dealers around Detroit Michigan area. Few suggested Summer 2019 as release date, few didn't know.

I used to work on engine cooling companies, now totally switched it up and working for a tire company. My customer has always been Nissan/Infiniti. Would have been great to work on Toyota Supra, but such a vehicles are usually developed in Japan.

Looking forward to owning the Supra MKV!

diss7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A4, GT86, 997, TE27
Hi everyone,

I'm still undecided on whether to purchase a Supra. It's a toss up between it, and the M2 Competition. I've actually put a deposit down on a M2C and BMW NZ want to finalise the order; but I want to wait and find out more about the Supra before deciding which way to go. I really wanted a Carrera T, but the cost was a hard pill to swallow, and by time I decided to bite the bullet, they were no longer available.

Both cars have their pros and cons for me. I'm looking for something to replace my 997 with. It fills the void between boring (but necessary) diesel family wagon, and my GT86 which is essentially dedicated track car.

Like the 997, I want it to be usable as a daily some days, on business trips when I'm alone, and also on the track when the GT86 is out of action or it's simply a hot day and I want the A/C.

I'm a Toyota guy at heart, and being in NZ we've been spoilt with an abundance of JDM imports. With that said I've never owned a mk4. I drove one in 2001 but it did nothing for me. I bought an FD instead, but after a motor moved on to a ST205 which I kept for about 5 years.

I've also owned a couple SW20's, numerous AE86's and KP61's in various levels of build, from stock to full race & drift car.

Probably my favourite car to date has been my ISF, which I sold a couple of years ago to buy the 997. That car was amazing. Before owning it I was a die-hard manual guy.

Given the choice, I'd still buy a manual MK5 supra over a DCT/Auto; if there is one available. (This is also one pro of the M2C, a confirmed 6MT)
But, the ISF experience has at least left me with the ability to consider a two pedal Supra.

Overall, I'm hoping for something that combines the best parts of my 997, GT86, and previous ISF. Am hoping for ~1400kg, 350hp, and a nice blue (like BMW San Marino, or Tanzanite) or a grey like the Z4 release colour.

Have joined to find out information as soon as it is leaked. Toyota NZ aren't giving away any info currently.

Last edited:

SupraGuy88

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Toyota Supra Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Everyone,

My names Ron and ive been obsessed with supras since 2010. I finally got a chance to purchase one in 2014 and have been modding it ever since. I came from supraforums and been lurking here for the last few months just trying to get good solid info on the MKV. While i dont plan to own a MKV but i am curious on its progress and how it will do upon release. Ive been back and forth like everyone else with how much BMW is involved in this car just taking the pros with the cons. I will probably continue to lurk and post scarcely but i have found this forum to be move positive about the MKV. I hope it does well and the new MKV owners to get enjoyment like i do with my MKIV.

Cheers!

turb0time

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Hey guys!

Just recently discovered this site, and I'm happy to see there's a bunch of MKIV folks over here already. I was a long time member of SF.com, starting around 2003.

I previously had a '95 NA 5spd Hardtop (in black). Owned it for about 14 years and ended up selling it to another MKIV owner who had experience with NA-T.

Currently have a '16 WRX as the daily driver. Itching to get back into a Toyota. Really excited to see how the MKV turns out. Might just have to get me one.

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone. New member here. Iā€™ve put a deposit down already. I seem to be one of the minority thatā€™s really looking forward to the car. If Iā€™m honest, Iā€™m a little nervous about the price. Hopefully Toyota wonā€™t over play their hand. I think they need to slightly undercut the Cayman S to have a success.

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All

Thought I should say hi. I'm one of the UK 300, having put my deposit down about an hour after it was announced.

Why do I want a Supra? Well, I'm a Toyota addict.

I bought a MR2 G-Limited when I was 23. It was going for scrap as the shell bearings were mashed due to not changing oil. I'd never picked up a spanner in my life, but I ordered a second hand engine from a Jap importer, bought the workshop manuals on ebay and a set of Halfords spanners. A year later I had my first sports car and LOVED it. About a year after that I got custody of my kids and a two seat car wouldn't cut it. I popped to the local import garage and put down a deposit on a Celica GT4. April 2007 she arrived and became my daily driver for the last eleven years. So I have been driving Toyota sports cars since 2005. Can't change now!

cooldude346

First Name
Muqeet
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 BMW 335i E90 FBO
Hi guys, I just joined this forum and look forward to reading the news and updates about the new MKV Supra here! Two things - first I just wanted to introduce myself and then I had a question to ask:
So I just graduated college earlier this year and work as an engineer in the DC Metropolitan Area! I currently drive a 2007 BMW 335i which I bought when I started college and I've modified to my liking! I drive a lot (35-40k miles a year!). I was initially in the market for a MKIV Supra but they were just too expensive and way past my budget at the time. I'm looking to buy a true sports car next. Deciding between getting a nice used R35 for about 50-60k now or waiting a bit and then buying the MKV Supra new. I'm leaning towards the Supra just because I want to get something newer and a low miles R35 will be like 5-7 years old. That brings up my question:
Ive seen some people here have already placed a deposit for one. How does that work?? Doesn't Toyota have to do the proper reveal (at the Detroit Autoshow in Jan) first? Or can I just go to my local dealer and tell them I want to place a deposit on the Supra? Don't I have to choose the color, options, (I want to get the I6 engine vs the 4 cyl one) etc when placing the order or does a deposit just mean I get to buy one of the first ones they get if I like its options? Sorry for the newbie question, Ive just never placed an order for a new car before.
Excited for this beast to come out just like all of you!
Sponsored