New Owner - So Much Hate?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
There are so many high end cars here in Alpharetta its ridiculous. I think Avalon has a bunch of Porsche 911 GT3 owners in town for the Driving Experience at Hartsfield. With that said, this car still gets lets of positive comments. Even as I roll up to the Starbucks drive thru with sport mode on the barista said she liked it. Stopped at Publix and little girl walking with her mom was like "look at the yellow car mommy". ROFL.
You should check out the Ga a90 fb group page. We had a meet in Alpharetta last year.

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
I honestly cannot fathom why people care at all about the plastic vent cover things.
I think people are just hardwired, for the most part, to bitch and complain about things they don't agree with, rather than to compliment on the good. Something something Freud.

Reactions: zrk

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Hate? It’s the constant compliments and people wanting a photo with the car that’s more of a problem. Near daily happening. Bitter Civic guy is once in a blue moon.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I honestly cannot fathom why people care at all about the plastic vent cover things.
Probably the same reason they care about the fake vents all over every other sports car over $55K.
My memory is bad... can you remind me of which ones those are? I looked all over my Cayman when I owned it and I think they must have forgotten to install them... glad I got rid of that before anyone noticed. :p

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Probably the same reason they care about the fake vents all over every other sports car over $55K.
My memory is bad... can you remind me of which ones those are? I looked all over my Cayman when I owned it and I think they must have forgotten to install them... glad I got rid of that before anyone noticed. :p
I mean.. it's some plastic styling, who actually can give a fuck.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I just picked up a '22 3.0 Premium yesterday and am new to this forum. I'm coming from an Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio which is a tough act to follow dynamically.

Prior to that I've been a BMW M car guy for a long time... Was on the list for a new G80 M3 but the wait was going to be extensive. Plus, it's gotten so big and heavy. So that's what led me to the Supra. Less power but less weight.

To me, the BMW underpinnings are a plus, but that's because I'm a BMW guy I suppose. That said, I am surprised by just how much hate there is from the Supra purists on here. The B58 is a terrific engine and the tuning of the ZF8 seems spot on to me although I'd like a bit more drama in up shifts if I had my way.

Anyway, I get that hard core Supra fans aren't happy about the co-engineering (especially since it seems like it's 90% BMW), but can't we all learn to get along?? Happy driving...
Wait wait wait! Quadrifoglio? Why the switch if I can ask? I freaking love me some Quadrifoglio! I'm gonna assume the fabled reliability or issues :( ?

OP
OP

Wj100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0 Premium, 22 BMW X3 M40i, 02 Miata SE
Wait wait wait! Quadrifoglio? Why the switch if I can ask? I freaking love me some Quadrifoglio! I'm gonna assume the fabled reliability or issues :( ?
I had my QV for almost 4 years and it was without a doubt the best performing car I've ever owned (except for the grabby at low speed brakes). I had zero issues at all during my ownership bur I didn't want to risk being out of warranty. Plus, it was just time for something new.

2 weeks into my time with the Supra, I'm enjoying it. It's not as powerful as the QV was and the chassis is a bit more jittery, but that's what makes it fun, right?

But, if you're considering a QV, I highly recommend it, it's an amazing machine that has a lot of soul.
Sponsored