SavagePassenger

SavagePassenger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 WRX
It’s possible to twist your axels on the street with a sticky tyre. So just be a little easy on launching if you want to keep the stocks
For sure, I’m a little more worried now though lol. Do you think a performance 200tw tire would be safer than the NT555rii in a 285 on the rear?

Eventually the plan is new wheels with 11 inch rear to run 305s, may go with a less sticky tire then.
Sponsored

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
For sure, I’m a little more worried now though lol. Do you think a performance 200tw tire would be safer than the NT555rii in a 285 on the rear?

Eventually the plan is new wheels with 11 inch rear to run 305s, may go with a less sticky tire then.
I mean, I would just build the axles.

what’s the end goal with the car?

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
If im running JB4 on 93 Octane with just bolt ons, exhasut, dp, air intake, I dont really need built axels right ? Only when going flex and making closer to 500 whp?

OP
OP
SavagePassenger

SavagePassenger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 WRX
I mean, I would just build the axles.

what’s the end goal with the car?
Really just a fun car that I can daily drive (work remote currently) cruise, and go to events with. Not planning on going bigger turbo or adding more power than the e50 flex tune. So that’s why I’m kinda stuck deciding between a different tire setup on stock wheels, and getting all new wheels and running 305 rear / 265 front.

Supra_Cop

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I’m rocking 285 Nitto NT555RIIs on my rear currently and they’ve been great. I’m at the end of the life cycle on them now, so going to opt into 305s for the new ones.

I’m running flex E50 with meth on a Botti tune. I’m still able to break the rear loose at 40mph with the 285s.

OP
OP
SavagePassenger

SavagePassenger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 WRX
I’m rocking 285 Nitto NT555RIIs on my rear currently and they’ve been great. I’m at the end of the life cycle on them now, so going to opt into 305s for the new ones.

I’m running flex E50 with meth on a Botti tune. I’m still able to break the rear loose at 40mph with the 285s.
Nice, how many miles did they last for you so far? Were you mainly street driving?

Supra_Cop

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Nice, how many miles did they last for you so far? Were you mainly street driving?
All street driving. I got the tires used when I purchased my wheels second hand. They were probably 40-50% when I got them, and they lasted about a year. But, my car is also a weekend warrior.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
So.. is it safe to say that with an e50 tune..

the stock tires ain't cutting it..

305's in the rear are preferable..

305s on stock wheels is not ideal, a 10.5 or 11 wheel is preferable.

Question, is meth required on e50? E30? Or just, more ideal?

Question, if you put a sticky enough, wide enough tire on an e30 / e50 tune car, are axles really a concern?

Last edited:

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
Anyone know if the Michelin PS4S would suffice w/ a catted dp, ethanol mix, & tune?

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
Anyone know if the Michelin PS4S would suffice w/ a catted dp, ethanol mix, & tune?
Personally I think you'd be at the upper limits of the PS4S with straight line traction with that, and could definitely overpower them/slide the rear out in a corner if you mashed the gas, but it's still the best all around/no drawbacks performance tire in my opinion (wet, dry, noise, wear, performance). So I personally am going to just run the PS4S as a street tire once I get to similar mods, and use separate 200TW tires for the track.

Supra_Cop

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
So.. is it safe to say that with an e50 tune..

the stock tires ain't cutting it..

305's in the rear are preferable..

305s on stock wheels is not ideal, a 10.5 or 11 wheel is preferable.

Question, is meth required on e50? E30? Or just, more ideal?

Question, if you put a sticky enough, wide enough tire on an e30 / e50 tune car, are axles really a concern?
Meth is definitely not required. There are some benefits to using meth and some negatives of using meth. For me the benefits outweighed the negatives so I went with it. You get some extra power with it, it steam cleans the cylinder, and is some added protection to getting some crummy ethanol.

All of the rest of the things you said are just dependent upon what you’re trying to do. Circuit guys want squared stance and drag guys once big sticky tires on the back with some skinnies up front. Your build is tailored to whatever it is you’re trying to do to the car. In my case, everything you said is 💯 accurate.

OP
OP
SavagePassenger

SavagePassenger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 WRX
Well I ordered a couple of Nitto Nt555rii for the rear in 285/35/19. That should hopefully do the trick until I decide to get all new wheels.

After driving some more the power is manageable for me without traction control with the tune on 93 octane, but on e50 the power is way too spicy for the stockers as stated.

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
Well I ordered a couple of Nitto Nt555rii for the rear in 285/35/19. That should hopefully do the trick until I decide to get all new wheels.

After driving some more the power is manageable for me without traction control with the tune on 93 octane, but on e50 the power is way too spicy for the stockers as stated.
How are you liking the new tires?
Sponsored