New Toyota Supra will reportedly launch at Geneva Motor Show (per Auto Express)

Anyone going to the New York Auto Show?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
Considering Caymans outperform a base 911, i would be hoping for better performance, but maybe it's the 911 s?
Current 718s have as much power as the base 370hp 911 but with significantly less weight and mid engined .

Of course I'm not expecting a super car ( and the 718 GTS is 90k here), I'm sure they are both guarded and conservative in their numbers.

I actually can't tell you what I'm looking for. Maybe not be embarrassed by the 2018 mustangs which I can safely say cost less.
Assuming it is for the top spec model , i think the supra is aiming for the carrera S and T and the cayman GT4 . They actually have similar performances , with the carrera having a slight edge over the cayman . For the other power trims there are other benchmarks found in porsche lineup like the 4 cylinder base 718 cayman which has 300hp or the base carrera or the cayman S. With the BMW engine and low weight i believe performance won't be an issue or at least i hope so ^^.
Sponsored

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Wow.
i think this sums it up well
-
Supra -Daily Driver, First Stage
Supra GR -Daily Driver, Second Stage
Supra GR Sport(or GR-S for short) - Highway Driver
Supra GRMN - Circuits only for full power

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
Assuming it is for the top spec model , i think the supra is aiming for the carrera S and T and the cayman GT4 . They actually have similar performances , with the carrera having a slight edge over the cayman . For the other power trims there are other benchmarks found in porsche lineup like the 4 cylinder base 718 cayman which has 300hp or the base carrera or the cayman S. With the BMW engine and low weight i believe performance won't be an issue or at least i hope so ^^.
Yeah, sounds good to me!

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
I want to do another Q&A.

Since this is Geneva, will the car be shown be just the Euro spec model? If so, when can we expect to see the N.A. model?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I was told in Dec that two cars will be shown (but they are essentially production cars vs an actual concept)... not sure if that means there really are only two models as we thought all along or if that's 2 of the newly rumored 4 performance trim levels. I also don't understand why they didn't do a true concept reveal sooner instead of letting everyone fawn over the nearly (in my opinion) unrelated FT-1.

As for the U.S. debut, that's debatable. I don't think we're going to get anything special honestly, just going off what I know. I think the production car is probably going to be shown at the beginning of next year, but it won't be anything new; more just a reminder from marketing that it's coming to market finally.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How much power?
LC500: 470hp
LC500h: 354hp

the figures don't sound too bad until you realize the car weighs 4500lbs and costs ~$100k... why not buy an RC-F, which is 550lbs lighter, has nearly the same output, handles far better, and for $35k less lol?

granted, power/handling isn't what they were going for, and it also adds creates the question that the LF-A and (hopefully) LC-F answer.

Last edited:

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
It's like you mentioned it's not what they were shooting for, they were shooting for a high end luxury GT. They benchmark an Aston Martin and it completes in the same segment as the DB 11. In the same case why wouldn't you buy a Vantage or a Ferrari at that price. It's just not what they are shooting for it's a great car though for sure and compared the LC to the DB11 you're getting way better stuff for less money. My 2 cents.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd buy the DB11 (Vantage appears to cost the same?) if I was in that segment... prices aside, the DB11 weighs 600lbs less, and makes 130hp more lol.

I'd argue the DB11 competes more with the upcoming LC-F, but to each his own. Then we'd be talking because you'd have a car that IS designed to be sport touring like an Aston, and for $50k less with the same specs or better.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.