New Toyota Supra will reportedly launch at Geneva Motor Show (per Auto Express)

Anyone going to the New York Auto Show?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Also I'm pretty willing to accept that a document taped to a car that somebody took a picture of many moons ago might ultimately be off by a month.
Didn't @A70TTR said production was bumped up?

Yes, but they are both suppose to be built at the same plant. I just think its odd that the Toyota will start production one month ahead of BMW.
I was thinking the same thing, especially since the 86 and BRZ rolled off the production line together.

Toyota-86-Subaru-BRZ-8%25255B2%25255D.jpg

SupraStew85

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1985 Supra (1jz vvti swap incoming) 2004 V8 4Runner
Didn't @A70TTR said production was bumped up?

I was thinking the same thing, especially since the 86 and BRZ rolled off the production line together.

Toyota-86-Subaru-BRZ-8%25255B2%25255D.jpg
I think that unlike the Subaru and Toyota collaberation being "sister cars" so to speak is something that BMW and Toyota would be trying to steer away from advertising as much as possible, fans of these cars and their specific models are far more brand/model loyal. I think both manufactures recognize this colaberation of a shared platform is not ideal from an enthusiast stand point but it is essential from a business standpoint because of the immense cost to develop a good sports car that ultimately will be sold to a relatively small percentage of people. Having each car debut at a different auto show, having different engine configurations and styling etc. are all things that each manufacture is doing to ensure that this is marketed as their own vehicle not a shared platform like the brz/frs/86. Because of this I don't see these cars rolling off the production line at different times as something thats impossible, perhaps another way to separate the platforms ?

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
^ I sure hope the Geneva reveal and subsequent production car release doesn't follow the FT-86/FR-S pattern - the FT-86 was a gorgeous concept, but the production vehicle was far more pedestrian::

toyota-ft-86-004.jpg

536b3a8c9f537dd0f0b7f1281e49c0c5--scion-frs-scion-coupe.jpg

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
^ I sure hope the Geneva reveal and subsequent production car release doesn't follow the FT-86/FR-S pattern - the FT-86 was a gorgeous concept, but the production vehicle was far more pedestrian::
i like how the 86 looks very much actually , especially the front of the pre facelift

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
i like how the 86 looks very much actually , especially the front of the pre facelift
The initial release was by no means ugly but the lights (front and back) looked cheap. Toyota fixed the lights with the refresh but butchered the lower front fascia. The refreshed BRZ does look fine, but still can't match that concept IMO.

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
yeah those rear lights were a sore spot for me , good thing most people changed them for red ones i thnk they were called valentia or something? i agree with you 100% on that .

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none

toyota-ft-86-004.jpg

536b3a8c9f537dd0f0b7f1281e49c0c5--scion-frs-scion-coupe.jpg
They tried following the look of the Levin

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny, I actually hated the look of the FT86 Concept. Was a bit too fat and bulky looking to me. The Concept 2 was the best version of the concepts in my opinion, and that one looks more like the production car than the first concept.

ft86-2_01.jpg

Back to the matter at hand though. It's looking less and less likely that I'll be able to go. Which sucks because I hear Geneva is absolutely gorgeous. Still trying though, so we'll see! I also have no confirmation that the car will be in Geneva, but I suppose that's how this game goes.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
It's funny, I actually hated the look of the FT86 Concept. Was a bit too fat and bulky looking to me. The Concept 2 was the best version of the concepts in my opinion, and that one looks more like the production car than the first concept.

ft86-2_01.jpg

Back to the matter at hand though. It's looking less and less likely that I'll be able to go. Which sucks because I hear Geneva is absolutely gorgeous. Still trying though, so we'll see! I also have no confirmation that the car will be in Geneva, but I suppose that's how this game goes.
Speaking of the FT-86 II, it did debut in Geneva as well. It also previewed the production's car dimensions. I'm hoping the same will be done with the next "Supra" concept.

FT-86 II
Length: 166.7
Width: 70.7
Height: 50
Wheelbase: 101.2

Toyota 86
Length: 166.7
Width: 69.9
Height: 50.6
Wheelbase: 101.2

http://newsroom.toyota.eu/geneva-ms...oyotas-reborn-passion-for-sports-car-driving/
https://www.toyota.com/86/features/mpg/6253/6255/6257
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.