New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daigor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
98 Toyota Supra
By those standards, the Supra 4 Cylinder seems like a bargain for a car that's basically the same as the Jag... the MKV 4 Cylinder but likely to be 300lbs lighter and 20K cheaper.

Honestly, this 4 cylinder is a bargain I'm sure it can be tuned and a great potential.

It's not going to sound very good maybe but I don't mind it if it's a good well put together package.
Le'ts not forget the MKV was designed to compete against the Nissan 370Z in the same car category. Given the fact that the base model of the 370Z starts at $29,990 for V6 332HP. The 4 Cyl MKV will need to be priced lower to really be considered a bargain. Even at that price, the MKV is competing against the sales of the FT-86 which I am sure Toyota is very aware of.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Le'ts not forget the MKV was designed to compete against the Nissan 370Z in the same car category. Given the fact that the base model of the 370Z starts at $29,990 for V6 332HP. The 4 Cyl MKV will need to be priced lower to really be considered a bargain. Even at that price, the MKV is competing against the sales of the FT-86 which I am sure Toyota is very aware of.
don't really think Toyota is competing against the Z lol, otherwise they would have brought one along during all their benchmarking tests...plus, by only looking at the HP it is an unfair & poor comparison.. If this 4 cyl turns out to be true then I bet it will have a much better torque to weight ratio than the 370Z which will justify its premium price...

...also keep in mind the price differences everywhere. The 370Z, for example, starts at €34.130,00 in Germany which is equivalent to nearly $40 K USD!

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
don't really think Toyota is competing against the Z lol, otherwise they would have brought one along during all their benchmarking tests...plus, by only looking at the HP it is an unfair & poor comparison.. If this 4 cyl turns out to be true then I bet it will have a much better torque to weight ratio than the 370Z which will justify its premium price...

...also keep in mind the price differences everywhere. The 370Z, for example, starts at €34.130,00 in Germany which is equivalent to nearly $40 K USD!
Plus the 370Z is not selling so I am sure Toyota ignored it altogether. Why compete with such an old and outdated model?

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll make it, what should I put in it?
Engine layout is a i6, cause for some reason, people think a v6 can still happen

Active wing being a no go

Is this car competing against...

As above is worded and small description of Tada wanted porsche like handling so mustangs, 370z and the works are not in mind.

Cost

Power

Weight

I know the above isn't completely co firmed but is pretty close.

Not being a reskinned Z4 as people still believe this.

As far as I know, that's it. We can add manual but there is a thread for that

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Add in the motor and it being CGI. People still think it's a B58 off the BMW shelf.

Yes the VENTS for the love of baby Jesus, do it in caps and bold, so people will quit asking :doh:

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Add in the motor and it being CGI. People still think it's a B58 off the BMW shelf.

Yes the VENTS for the love of baby Jesus, do it in caps and bold, so people will quit asking :doh:
I know it is common knowledge now but don't know if Toyota minds the knowledge of it to everyone.

The vents should be added too. The fact that thread blew up has me :coffee:

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I know it is common knowledge now but don't know if Toyota minds the knowledge of it to everyone.

The vents should be added too. The fact that thread blew up has me :coffee:
I mean the info is in here, shouldn't matter if it's in the FAQ. Could be wrong though.

Right!! After it was confirmed and some of the people were still talking about it being fake, I wanted to put my head through my desk.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
Some of this stuff being mentioned is not concrete fact. Careful not to sticky speculation and post it as facts
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.