News, Updates, and Discussions on next-gen A100 Supra

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
It is an in-house development, so no link to the A90 other than the name on the back. As to whether it underpins anything else, I am not sure tbh; it's not a project I am currently working on. It will be modular like anything modern Toyota architecture, but as to applications I'll leave that to the imagination.
Sponsored

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Word is, there will be heavy queues from the MKIV in the MKVI. The ā€œMā€ ā€œKā€ ā€œIā€ and ā€œVā€ letters will be reincarnated.
Cant go wrong with nostaliguia. The Z did the whole retro thing and Nissan fanboys love it despite the fact that its a underpperforming and overpriced POS

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Cant go wrong with nostaliguia. The Z did the whole retro thing and Nissan fanboys love it despite the fact that its a underpperforming and overpriced POS
Believe me when I say, Toyota's "new" direction is to cater to it's legendary cars fanbase. It's so odd because you would think Akio would have heavily considered this, but the new guy is running with it full steam. I was told that the interior would have queues from the MKIV, and that alone is one of my favorite things of the MKIV. There is also "stuff" floating around about a unique underbody brace. No more info than that.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
yes, and this is not from official sources, but I'd expect no less then ~$80k starting. It was nice that the A90 was made with a partner to drop costs, but that's not going to be the case with this one IMO.

There were also some that were dissatisfied with some product stack issues between Toyota and Lexus but that's a moot point now.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
yes, and this is not from official sources, but I'd expect no less then ~$80k starting. It was nice that the A90 was made with a partner to drop costs, but that's not going to be the case with this one IMO.

There were also some that were dissatisfied with some product stack issues between Toyota and Lexus but that's a moot point now.
Very true. Good to see you back A70TTR!

I feel like Toyota is going back to it's 90's strategy...which is not a bad thing at all! I mean look at what they are doing with the LandCruiser/GX550, these two are almost identical except one is luxurious and one isn't. This will be a great opportunity for Toyota to provide us great platforms while keeping costs down. One thing I hope they don't "over-do" is focus too much on "Toyota buyers are looking for value" because we are slightly seeing that with the LandCruiser....alot of cheap fluff on the outside. Still, I would buy one hehe.

Last edited:

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid

Lemme guess... it's going to be a V6 though isn't it...

Also, about the product stack issues, could you tell us more about it? I know you're doing work for Lexus now but is it true that the LC and RC will be no more? That's going to price out RC customers and LC customers that want to buy something advanced will have to resort to the 200-300k LFR...

OP
OP
vb22

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Lemme guess... it's going to be a V6 though isn't it...

Also, about the product stack issues, could you tell us more about it? I know you're doing work for Lexus now but is it true that the LC and RC will be no more? That's going to price out RC customers and LC customers that want to buy something advanced will have to resort to the 200-300k LFR...
Word is the RC and LC replacement will be merged into one model. Mercedes did a similar thing with the C and E class coupe.

OP
OP
vb22

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Word is the RC and LC replacement will be merged into one model. Mercedes did a similar thing with the C and E class coupe.
I don't disagree with you, but it seems that this is where both the markets and competition is heading.