NHTSA Recalls (Aug 3, 2021) - Remedy Available

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
dropped car yesterday, got it this morning. Happy with the full screen car play. also alot more text in the HUD unit! I noticed my steering was more light and more direct now in sport, almost 100% its not a placebo. The throttle also seems more linear/brake feels more aggressive and burbles are more throaty less blippy ? that last things probably are just in my head, but the steering for me was a huge difference.
Sounds like I need to take my Supra in!
Sponsored

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
ok, so stupid question: I just had this recall done last week. I'm and Android user but wanted to check that I have full screen car play now to insure they did the update correctly. I am planning on connecting my Ipad to check this functionality out. How do I access full screen Car play? Is it simply a matter of connecting the Ipad and a Car play button will appear in the media section?

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
ok, so stupid question: I just had this recall done last week. I'm and Android user but wanted to check that I have full screen car play now to insure they did the update correctly. I am planning on connecting my Ipad to check this functionality out. How do I access full screen Car play? Is it simply a matter of connecting the Ipad and a Car play button will appear in the media section?
It's all done wirelessly so when you add device you have to select use it with CarPlay. Although I'm not sure CarPlay is included with iPads lol. Let us know ha! Also my CarPlay broke after the update but sounds like not many others had this happen.

Takonic

First Name
Kelv
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Ah damnit, i was fine and then I decided to reset my trip counter, now Iā€™m getting the stupid ā€œlimitā€ instead of the speed limit number

DennieC

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Ah damnit, i was fine and then I decided to reset my trip counter, now Iā€™m getting the stupid ā€œlimitā€ instead of the speed limit number
Check and verify your Navigation works properly. Others, like myself, who have had that happen, have had the nav freeze on the loading screen.

Reactions: CJ-

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
It's all done wirelessly so when you add device you have to select use it with CarPlay. Although I'm not sure CarPlay is included with iPads lol. Let us know ha! Also my CarPlay broke after the update but sounds like not many others had this happen.
ah, thanks. It looks like carplay isn't available on Ipads after looking it up.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Lost mine yesterday, but no update. Not sure if Iā€™m remembering correct, but I seem to recall CarPlay was free for 2 years and since I also have an LE wondering if they took it away
Never heard of that. In case you are correct, who do you pay for the CarPlay subscription?

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Lost mine yesterday, but no update. Not sure if Iā€™m remembering correct, but I seem to recall CarPlay was free for 2 years and since I also have an LE wondering if they took it away
Carplay is part of Supra Connect, which as per note 12 of the 2020 Supra brochure:

12. Not available on Supra vehicles with a 6.5-in. display screen. Includes a 4-year trial period, except Enhanced Roadside Assistance, which is a 2-year period. Enrollment in a paid subscription required upon expiration of trial period.

https://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2020/gr-supra_ebrochure.pdf

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Finally taking my Supra in for the recall...

I understand that a few things are also updated during this...Does this also correct the issue with the dim display that most of us corrected using bimmercode?
I had the recall done today at dealership...No issues afterwards...NAV and HUD working fine...I didn't notice any improvements nor changes made with respect to throttle or steering response or engine performance nor reduced crackles and pops as some others mentioned....And really not surprised none of those things had changed either...

However, I did need to reprogram my presets and other vehicle setup functions as expected...

What I did notice however was that my iConnect screen was not greatly dimmed as it was a few years back when I purchased my Supra in 2019 and prior to fixing it using Bimmercode...I'll give it a few days before I decide if I need to recode this with Bimmercode...

That said, things such as the annoying ASD, Start/Stop, Startup Warning, Rearview Camera Warning, Seatbelt Reminder, etc are all back...UGH!!! I now need to disable /reprogram these back to how I had it setup with Bimmercode again...

Last edited:

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Had mine done the other day and now I can finally get a full screen CarPlay. BUT, now the OEM nav doesnā€™t work. Just days loadingā€¦ ugh.
I suppose I should take it back.. again.

Anyone else run in to this?

DennieC

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Had mine done the other day and now I can finally get a full screen CarPlay. BUT, now the OEM nav doesnā€™t work. Just days loadingā€¦ ugh.
I suppose I should take it back.. again.

Anyone else run in to this?
Has happened to several of us. Fix is the head unit needs to be replaced. Take it back and after confirming the issue, they will order a new one. No eta on the replacement as of yet, as they are on backorder.

lg2k7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Has anyone found an option to turn on a fuel range display? I have not been able to find this after the update.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Has anyone found an option to turn on a fuel range display? I have not been able to find this after the update.
It's not in your "driving info" submenu? It's been a hot minute since I looked at it but I thought it was there along with average fuel econ, speed and time. Haven't had the update, so I'm not sure after, but I would hope it's at least still available in the gauge cluster area (via the top turn signal stock button)?

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
If you donā€™t have full screen carplay the I-level has not been updated, which means the brake booster campaign has not been completed (if your vehicle was subject to it - my understanding was every 3.0 supra made was the subject of the recall).

To verify your I level:
BimmerCode shows it on the vehicle information screen; or

Export your driver profile to a usb, then use any text editor to view the resulting .mpd file and it shows the current I level in plain text.

To export your profile, Navigate to "My Vehicle" and select your profile,
Select the ā€œExport to USBā€ option.

If the I level is below S18T-21-07-519, (Supra, 2021, July, 519) you wonā€™t have full screen carplay and the brake booster recall campaign has not been done.

This workflow pic may assist the tech.

14F9BABE-F90E-47A7-9AE0-3BDD326F2031.png
20211020_122230.jpg

Am I missing something? I don't have an option to export my profile. Is there any other way to check this?

Edit: Ok at least BimmerCode shows the version, but still would like to know how to export the profile
Sponsored