NHTSA Recalls (Aug 3, 2021) - Remedy Available

DennieC

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Is this new icon replacement the expected result or a bug?
It means the gps/nav is not working properly. Failure of the head unit has been the related cause after the update is done. The nav application will become stuck in the loading cycle and not work. Because the speed limit icon is tied to the navigation, it shows only "limit" since it is not getting any required data from the gps.

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
My entire head unit fried over this update. The touch screen is stuck blue. No radio, Navi, or any function can be accessed now. Even my hvac doesn't work properly. I can crank my heating and it's barely circulating through the car. What a joke.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Me too. Everything worked fine before the update. This was the first clue

View attachment 53969
I showed "Limit" initially when I picked up the car...After I shut it down and started it back up again "speed limit" was displayed again...

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
It means the gps/nav is not working properly. Failure of the head unit has been the related cause after the update is done. The nav application will become stuck in the loading cycle and not work. Because the speed limit icon is tied to the navigation, it shows only "limit" since it is not getting any required data from the gps.
I showed "Limit" initially when I picked up the car...After I shut it down and started it back up again "speed limit" was displayed again...
Good to know, thanks! I didn't connect those dots. I'll definitely keep an eye out for that

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
My front camera is completely disconnected and I still get speed limits pop up..

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
My entire head unit fried over this update. The touch screen is stuck blue. No radio, Navi, or any function can be accessed now. Even my hvac doesn't work properly. I can crank my heating and it's barely circulating through the car. What a joke.
Yikes. I'm starting to feel lucky I didn't have issues with the head unit during the update. Hope they get it fixed soon, though it sounds like, from other owners who have had related issues, the parts needed to fix this are on "global backorder" due to "COVID-related supply chain issues." Which is the best excuse ever and one I use/hear at work a lot.

EDIT: Did you notice the head unit was fried or did the dealership during their testing after the update?

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I completed this recall fix today. If you're in Long Island, NY, I highly suggest going to Huntington Toyota Service. They did leave a little scuff mark on my driver-side door, but I have PPF so I was able to wipe it off.

My bimmercode settings have been wiped.
My vehicle settings were preserved.
Equalizer settings wiped.

Can someone please help me get back my split-screen? Please. :)

HOV_Built

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Does anyone know if I have to put my factory Seats back in? I have Recaro’s installed and don’t want to risk having the update fail/returning to the dealer again.

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
Does anyone know if I have to put my factory Seats back in? I have Recaro’s installed and don’t want to risk having the update fail/returning to the dealer again.
Software and seats? Linked somehow?

HOV_Built

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Software and seats? Linked somehow?
I’m unsure but many of these software updates may be tied to Body/Electrical components. I know for sure disconnecting the seat control modules throws codes but they don’t pop-up on your screen. Anything Airbag related does though.
Just trying to see if anyone here has dealt with the recall and had aftermarket seats installed.
Sponsored