tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Had the recall done 3 weeks ago and just got the notice in the mail today...ha! Glad it went well with no issues other than having to recode all my Bimmercode changes along with presets and personalized vehicle settings...

recall.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kgsweb

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Downshift Blue
Same here. Had the recall done yesterday at Nalley Toyota in Roswell, GA. No issues popped up in the 4 mile drive home.

Funny - the recall notice was in my mailbox this afternoon.....

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
For you guys holding off, here is extra info. I received my letter today.

-RJM

248C47AC-3763-4F8E-A217-0C159F73B59F.jpeg

ethanc

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I have the recall service scheduled for Tuesday, am a little stressed about potential issues. What’s been the overall consensus/estimated fail rate? Should I go for it and mention the incidents so they take more precaution? Or cancel? I have a Jan 2021 build date

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I have the recall service scheduled for Tuesday, am a little stressed about potential issues. What’s been the overall consensus/estimated fail rate? Should I go for it and mention the incidents so they take more precaution? Or cancel? I have a Jan 2021 build date
I'd venture to guess that most of the cases of failure have been documented in the forums here. Much like oil consumption, overblown.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
As already mentioned a majority of us have had no issues...Isolated problems tend to get grossly overblown on forums and group chats...Most without issue don't post...

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
Got the same build date, no problems.

ethanc

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Cool, thanks guys. That’s what I was suspecting/hoping for. As with most things, the outlier negative cases are the most vocal, and we don’t hear about all the ones that went fine. Will go ahead with the service then

Mehster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
I have a early build date 2020 LE and did my recall last Monday. No issues at all. Full-screen carplay is fantastic. The rest of the car seems exactly the same. I had to re-do my Bimmercode settings and the other options that got reset in the infotainment, but no big deal there.

The one thing that I'm just flabberghasted by is that they didn't also fix the stupid screen brightness calibration issue that has existed since I got the car. Unless direct sunlight is blasting the sensor under the gauge cluster, the infotainment screen is super dim still. It appears to just be a simple software issue. You can Bimmercode around it, but you lose the auto-dim functionality. Ah well. This is probably the last free software update we'll get, so I'll just have to deal with it.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
I have a early build date 2020 LE and did my recall last Monday. No issues at all. Full-screen carplay is fantastic. The rest of the car seems exactly the same. I had to re-do my Bimmercode settings and the other options that got reset in the infotainment, but no big deal there.

The one thing that I'm just flabberghasted by is that they didn't also fix the stupid screen brightness calibration issue that has existed since I got the car. Unless direct sunlight is blasting the sensor under the gauge cluster, the infotainment screen is super dim still. It appears to just be a simple software issue. You can Bimmercode around it, but you lose the auto-dim functionality. Ah well. This is probably the last free software update we'll get, so I'll just have to deal with it.
Just fix it with Bimmercode:
Z4
Headunit
• Expert
• DISPLAY_PIP_CONFIG
• DIM_VARIANT
○ Old
○ Ok
• Code
In car:
System settings
Displays
Control display
Adjust brightness

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
How long does it take to do this service? Do they have to drive the car for this download? Or is the download through the data port under the dash
Done without moving the car, I seriously
Don’t trust the “ techs” ( ha ha) doing this?

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
How long does it take to do this service? Do they have to drive the car for this download? Or is the download through the data port under the dash
Done without moving the car, I seriously
Don’t trust the “ techs” ( ha ha) doing this?
They had my car for about 2.5 hours. No they do not have to drive it, it sits in the bay (hopefully with a battery tender connected) and the update gets installed. I didn't see where they connected to my car but I would imagine it's the OBD2 port.

My dealership actually introduced me to the only technician that's qualified to work on the MKV so that put my mind at ease. I waited at the dealership, I had my Nintendo Switch so I was good haha.

Only "issue" I had was to be expected; my tune was erased and my ECU was locked. I sent my ECU out yesterday to get bench unlocked so I should have it back before the weekend and I can reinstall my tune!
Sponsored