NHTSA Recalls (Aug 3, 2021) - Remedy Available

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
What about ECUs that were unlocked and did not require a bench unlock? I am tuned by Botti on Ecutek and I never physically removed my ECU to be unlocked. He was able to unlock and tune via email
it will need to be bench unlocked after the recall
Sponsored

OP
OP
gcmak

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I don't know if you mentioned this somewhere, browsed through your past messages and didn't see it, but which dealer did you go to in SF?
Yes. Geary. Happy to report I was on track today and the brakes never did give up! haha.
I did have an odd issue leaving though. The car stalled itself as I was rolling out of my parking spot - off throttle. Super odd.

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
Well, I did software update under recall in my 2021 Supra. Of cause I lost all config changes done with Bimmercode. But when I connected it to put changes back, I found that Bimmercode does not want to work with iDrive/Headunit. It correctly recognizes HU_NBT_EVO, but says that coding for it is not available. I tried both Supra and Z4 car type. Neither works.

Had anyone experienced the same issue?

TwoCents

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tacoma, 4Runner, S2000
New guy here. Just picked up a 2020 Supra. My understanding was that the recall covered all MKVā€™s; however, my VIN plugged into the Toyota recall page says it is not subject to the recall. There is a 2020 LE that just got listed on BaT and it is subject. Mine must have been an earlier ECU date?

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
New guy here. Just picked up a 2020 Supra. My understanding was that the recall covered all MKVā€™s; however, my VIN plugged into the Toyota recall page says it is not subject to the recall. There is a 2020 LE that just got listed on BaT and it is subject. Mine must have been an earlier ECU date?
Recall likely was done by the dealer before delivery. That is why it is no longer a subject. If I recall there was a stop sale order from Toyota to all dealers until all cars in their stock are upgraded.

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Well, I did software update under recall in my 2021 Supra. Of cause I lost all config changes done with Bimmercode. But when I connected it to put changes back, I found that Bimmercode does not want to work with iDrive/Headunit. It correctly recognizes HU_NBT_EVO, but says that coding for it is not available. I tried both Supra and Z4 car type. Neither works.

If your adapter worked before the dealer update, but doesn't work now, likely the psdzdata files used by Bimmercode to code the modules need to refresh to at least match, or exceed, the latest i-level release applied by the dealer so now on your car. That's controlled by Bimmercode, so you'll likely need to wait for them to refresh / update the app data. There is a button in the app settings screen "Check for update" which you can use to see if new data files have been released by Bimmercode.

Last edited:

Luckymike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 Z06, 17 VW Beetle Dune, 11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR, 15 RDX

Same here after the previous update! The previous update didn't wipe out the bimmercode changes though....

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
Are you guys able to code modules other than HU_NBT_EVO post-recall update?
Yes, coding was successfully applied to other modules.

I actually sent email to Bimmercode makers. Response was that they need to upgrade their parameters mapping in software and I need to wait for that update.